Chapter 14

Kyles fingers were tangled in my hair

Kyles fingers were tangled in my hair. I kept still but still responded to his hungry lips. There was something inside of me that felt like I was being burnt alive. I couldn't take it anymore. The further I let Kyle have what he wanted, the more I felt like the fire was consuming me. It was painful.

"Stop!"

I pushed back on Kyle's shoulders so hard it sent him flying back. Kyle landed on the ground with a loud thud. He looked at me shocked that I had pushed him away. I felt regret inside. Regret for letting him kiss me and regret for pushing him away.

"I'm sorry," I breathed out a shakily. "I-I'm not ready."

Kyle didn't say anything to me. He watched me for a long moment before getting up. He stood and brought me into his arms. I stiffened but I didn't try to move away. I willed myself to relax. Kyle was home and I needed to believe it.

"I'll make it all better." Kyle whispered. "I promise."

I was confused by his words but I didn't comment on it. I was tired of dealing with things. I wanted to sleep and wake up when it was all over. The problem with that was that I didn't know if it ever would. I would have to carry my burdens and I wasn't sure that was something I could live with for long.

********

I woke up in the morning with things being tossed on top of me. I lifted my head to see Tessa going through my clothes. I frowned when I saw the mess she had made. I didn't have many things but she managed to make a mess either way.

Last night when we got back from, I found Tessa sprawled out on my bed. Thankfully she left enough room for me to lie down on. Slowly she was starting to invade my life. Even walking into my room our scents mixed and hung thick in the air.

"Don't you have anything to wear?" She asked.

"Yes and thanks to you they're all over the room."

"I mean something descent. I don't know where you got half of this stuff."

I ignored her comment. "What time is it?"

"Six."

"Six?! What the hell are you doing up at six?"

"Kyle came to the room and since you were sleeping he didn't want to wake you up. He said he would be back in a few with his friends."

Right. I told Kyle yesterday to bring everyone he trusted. If we were going to spring into action it would have to be now. We didn't have much time on our hands.

I got up from the bed and grabbed a pair of jeans laying on the floor and a sweater nearby. Unlike Tessa, I didn't care how I looked for the day. There were more important things at hand.

"You're seriously not wearing that, are you?" Tessa asked, horrified.

I looked down at myself and rolled my eyes. I forgot what it was like to know Tessa. I didn't think she was a bad person, but she did have a bad attitude. In the time we got to know each other I realized that Tessa wanted to be taken seriously. Last night I saw that her tough attitude was just a mask and underneath was a scared girl who feared for her life. It was funny what the brink of death could do to someone.