Chapter 5

My back hit the ground with a loud thud

My back hit the ground with a loud thud. The force of the impact knocked the breath right out of me. I struggled to take a deep breath. My lungs felt like they were on fire. My entire body was coated in sweat. My body was on fire and the coldness of the ground felt soothing against my skin.

"Get up!"

I lazily got back on my feet only to be pushed down again. I winced as my muscles tightened. My abdomen was in pain and my arms felt like jelly. I didn't have any more strength in my legs to hold me up. It didn't help that my muscles still ached from the previous days.

"Get up!"

"I can't!" I whined.

Ian stood over me with a cocky smirk. His tan skin glistened in the sun from sheer sweat. He had taken off his shirt an hour into our training session due to the sweat coating it. It had clung to him like a second layer of skin.

My clothes weren't any better. I was wearing a t-shirt and I had removed it within thirty minutes. I kept my sports bra on but it too was coated in sweat. I wore sweat pants and regretted it the instant we started my training. I felt like my legs were stuck in an oven.

The weather was cold outside but it didn't bother me as much as it used to. My body was equipped to adapt to cold climates now. It was a perk of being a werewolf- or a Lycan as Kyle loved to put it. Apparently there was a huge difference between werewolves and Lycan's.

Tomorrow would be my "history" lesson. Ian and Kyle had become my teachers for the past week. I was at my third day of training and I was exhausted from the last two. My training sessions lasted up to two to three hours max.

"I'm tired." I complained.

"In a real fight you won't have time to be tired."

"Lucky for me this isn't a real fight."

I sighed and pushed myself up on my feet. My knees instantly buckled under me and I would have fallen if Ian hadn't caught me. He kept an arm around my waist until he was sure I could stay on my feet.

"You're not bad but you need to be better. Your defenses are down, you aren't quick enough, and you have spaghetti arms, you-"

"Yeah, yeah," I said grumpily, "I'm weak."

"You're learning." He corrected. "I don't expect you to pick it up right off the bat. The pups go through training for years just to be good enough to get a pot in whatever rank they chose to become part of. Even then they still go through extensive training to sharpen their skills. You've just become a wolf so don't be too hard on yourself."

"It's kind of hard to do that when this is what I'm supposed to do. If my dad would have told me about this whole werewolf thing from the beginning I would have been more prepared."