Blood Rush

How dare I leave you guys hanging?! Here is a small preview of Blood Rush. It is now up and the rest of the Prologue will be posted soon :)

Prologue

Prologue

I wasn't exactly sure what was happening to me, but I was loving it. For once, I didn't feel the emptiness in my chest. It was strange considering...

It was for the best. At least that's what I was telling myself. There were things I needed to do. Certain people I needed to kill. But that would have to wait.

East Den.

How the hell was I supposed to get to them when I didn't know where the hell they were? I refused to talk to Kyle since he decided to come after me. I didn't feel anger towards him. At least I think I didn't.

Kyle was the only person I had right now and I had a feeling that if I opened my mouth to say something, it wouldn't be something good. So I decided not to say anything at all. No matter how hard Kyle tried, I wouldn't speak to him.

"Chloe?"

I glanced over my shoulder at Kyle who was trying really hard to look casual. His eyes roamed our surroundings and would occasionally fall on me just to make sure he had my attention.

"Don't you think we should try finding the others?" Kyle asked. "It's been four days. If you would just tell me where you're going or what we're looking for then maybe I could help."

Again I didn't say a word. Kyle sighed and u could tell he was losing the little patience he had with me.

"Chloe, please just talk to me. I get it. I messed up and you'll probably never forgive me. I know I'm the last person you want to be stuck with and you probably hate me. I get it. I just-just please let me help."

"I don't trust you." I finally said. I turned to him and narrowed my eyes. "You betrayed me."

Kyle winced. "I was only trying to help."

"By selling us to the enemy? That wasn't helping. What you did was selfish. You wanted me for yourself so you were so willing to let them kill Vincent." I said. "Well, I guess you got something out of this even if it all went to shit for you."

"And what is that?"

"Vincent is dead."