Chapter 22

"You know you can make this stop

"You know you can make this stop. All you have to do is beg me."

I spat at Alaric's face. He closed his eyes and when he opened them they were swirls of gold and black. He was one pissed off wolf.

He kicked out his foot that had me crying out in surprise. This was new. He hadn't kicked me though he definitely did other things to inflict pain.  I wrapped my arms around my abdomen feeling the pain rocked through my entire body.

It will pass, I told myself, it will pass.

"Disrespectful." Alaric's muttered. "Let's see how you handle this."

I bit down on my lip to keep from screaming when my back began to burn. It continued to come one after another. My throat ached and my screams died in it. My vision was beginning to spot.

"Did you know that with Aconite, these wounds will not heal? They will scar and remain permanent."

I bit down on my lip when Alaric stepped down on my sprawled out hand. I tried to pull back but he had his full weight on it. He movies his shoe from side to side pinching my skin under it.

"You know you can make this stop." He said.

"I can see you're having fun." I heard Archer say.

I lifted my face but my hair covered my view of him. I bet he had a smug look on his face, the damn bastard. I had to hold on just a bit longer. My pack would find me.

"I've only just begun. After I'm done with her she won't even know her own name."

"Take a break, it's time." Archer sounded closer now. "I have a little surprise for you, Chloe." Archer said. "I'll give you a moment alone to think about what I could have for you."

Alaric kicked me one last time making me roll on my back. Alaric and Archer both stepped out and closed the cell. I could hear them talking about me as they walked away.

I closed my eyes trying to get past the fog in my mind. Healing was painful. My skin burned from the Aconite. My thoughts were dark for the next few minutes. I thought of everything bad that could happen. I couldn't deny that I was scared of what Archer and Alaric had prepared as a surprise for me.

The last time someone thought of surprising me it ended up with my dad dead. I didn't want a repeat of that. There were too many people that I cared about. Anyone could be an easy target.

As soon as that thought came to mind I felt a sharp pain in my chest. It was like I had suddenly lost something so import. Panic was starting to fill me. It couldn't be. No way.

I sat up the best I could when I heard voices again. They were speaking softly. My heart started beating wildly as they got closer.

I noticed several things at once. The first was the scent that had become familiar to me. The second thing I noticed is that it was very wrong. Something wasn't right about it.