Chapter 18

"No one can know about this

"No one can know about this." I said, my voice coming out weak. "Not until I figure out what this means for me."

"We should get going." Lucas told Ricky who's blue wide eyes stared at me in amazement.

"Go and don't get into any trouble, please."

They both nodded and headed for the door. Kaden was a fighter who was planning on taking a bit of extra help just in case. I let the others go but Ian stayed behind.

"I think I should stay here until someone comes back. If you said Archer was after Tessa I don't want to leave the both of you alone."

"Make yourself at home, and please try not to break anything else in the kitchen. I don't even want to see the mess in there."

Ian laughed. "We cleaned most of it up when you were passed out. I'll take care of the rest though. You should check up on Tessa and Theo."

"Thanks, Ian, for everything." I gave him a smile.

"You can thank me after this is all over and done with."

He headed to the kitchen practically dragging his feet. I knew exactly how he felt. I turned and made my way up the stairs and found that Theo had taken over my room. Tessa was sitting next to him tending to his wounds.

Theo looked a lot better than he had the last time I saw him but it was painful seeing him this way even if it wasn't as horrible as last night. I lightly knocked on the door open door and both Tessa and Theo looked up.

"Well, you've definitely looked better." Tessa said.

I rolled my eyes. "Could I have a moment with Theo?"

"If you must." Tessa said.

She got up off the bed and I noticed she was covered in blood. She headed straight to the bathroom and closed the door loud enough for me to hear that she was elsewhere in the house. I knew Tessa was close enough to hear but I didn't bother in kicking her out. She would find out either way.

"How are you feeling?" I asked Theo.

"I'm mostly tired, but I feel fine. Thank you for saving my life. You're a good Alpha."

"I'm not that great but I'm glad you seem to think so." I said. "Theo, who did this to you?"

He was quiet for a moment and looked scared to even tell me. That small movement made my heart beat faster.

"It was Donovan."

I heard a crash downstairs. Ian must have heard what Theo said. Hearing it myself should have shocked me, but somehow I knew it could have been him.

"What happened?" I asked.

"So it's true." He murmured. "I knew you were special, Alpha."

"What are you talking about?"