Chapter 5

Austin's POV

I unlocked the vehicle, and opened the passenger side door for her.

She climbed in, and soon after I did too.

"Do you want to go home now, or stop somewhere?" I asked, brushing some hair out of my face and pulling out of the parking lot.

"Erm, I actually need to sort some things out at home." She answered quietly, looking out of the window and biting her thumbnail.

I was slightly disappointed with her answer, but I brushed away my feelings.

I don't know why, but I reached over and pulled her hand away from her mouth.

Emily stared at me in surprise. I hastily pulled away and awkwardly continued to drive.

"Turn left here."

I did as she told me.

I glanced at her from out of the corner of my eye, noticing her fiddling with her sweater, something she'd done a lot today.

"Why are you acting so shifty? You're not planning on murdering me in my own car, are you?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Don't tempt me." I chuckled at her, flicking my radio on.

We listened to the music that played through the speakers.

I knew some of the songs.

I hummed to the one's in knew.

I turned my life to music. It has affected me and made me who I was.

I knew I was an asshole sometimes.

I thought back to the night of the party, when I first encountered Nicole.

I feel so guilty about what happened.

Especially because Emily was oblivious to the truth.

"Austin! Austin!" Emily yelled, hitting my arm.

I jumped and panicked.

"What?!"

"Turn right, now." She said.

I turned into a street that was lined with large, white house, with tree's lining each side of the road.

"It's the last one." She said quietly, grabbing her bag.

"You've got a nice house, Princess." I commented, pulling up outside of it.

"Thanks." She replied, taking off her seatbelt.

"Not gonna invite me in?" I asked her, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Maybe some other time, I need to sort something out." She informed me, opening the door and stepping out.

"I'm only messing, see you soon, Princess." I smiled, and she returned if before walking up the driveway.

I watched her until she disappeared inside her house.

I pulled away from the curb and started my own drive home, with thoughts of Emily Smith in my head.

I needed to get to know her more, and maybe tell her what was on my mind.