Chapter 43

Emily's POV

It only felt like ten minutes before I felt something wet on my face. I squirmed before opening my eyes to see Austin sitting on the bed holding Pancakes, who was licking my face happily. Austin was laughing, apparently finding it funny.

"Pancakes says wakey wakey!" Austin grinned. "Supper's ready." He set Pancakes down beside him.

"Ugh, I can't even get up." I groaned, snuggling deeper under my blanket.

"Emily, come on." Austin urged gently. "Don't make me drag you out."

"Do it, I don't care." I mumbled with my eyes closed.

"Nah, I'm not that mean." He said, standing up from the bed. "But your supper's going to get cold if you don't come down now."

He must've thought I was stupid or something. With my eyes still closed, I slowly reached my hands out so Austin wouldn't notice and latched onto the bars at the back of the bed just as he latched onto my ankles and pulled.

"Dammit, you're smart!" Austin exclaimed as he kept pulling.

"Yeah, more than you give me credit for. Obviously I knew you were going to do that!" I replied, still holding on.

Pancakes hopped over and grabbed onto my tank top strap with her mouth, pulling me away from Austin. "Ha, three against one! Good job, girl!"

"Pancakes, you're supposed to be on my side." Austin complained. "Emily, let go!"

"Make me."

"Oh, I will." He crawled onto the bed and straddled my back before grabbing my hands with his, trying to pry them off the bars. Pancakes jumped off the bed and stared at us from the floor, wagging her tail.

"Noo!" I shrieked. "The bed is too comfy to leave."

"You'll survive until tonight." Austin replied. He managed to get my hands off and he pulled me out of bed before I could grab the bars again.

"Ha, gotcha." He said. I huffed and grudgingly followed him out of the room, Pancakes not far behind.

As soon as we got downstairs, my mouth started to water at the aroma. "Jesus, what did you make?"

"A special supper just for you!" Austin smiled.

I gasped as we entered the kitchen. There was a big chicken on the table along with tons of my favourite vegetables, and a fruit platter. The table had candles and there was a big jar of pickles in front of my plate. But what stood out for me, was the giant bouquet of roses in the middle of the table.

I turned to Austin in shock. "Austin, you didn't have to do all of this."

"I wanted to." He smiled. "You already do so much for me, so it's a little thank you."

I laughed in awe. "This is amazing!" I walked over to the roses. "And flowers too?"

He blushed and shrugged. "I know they're your favourite."

I read the card attached to the roses. To my beautiful, clumsy, dorky best friend who couldn't be anymore perfect. I don't know what I'd do without you! Thanks for everything, Ems! Love Austin :)

My eyes welled up and I threw my arms around him. "I don't deserve you."

He hugged me back. "It's the other way around. But I'm glad you like everything."

"Like? I love it, honestly. Thank you, Austin. I just freaking love you!" I reached up and held his face in my hands.

He laughed. "I love you too, Emily!"

"Okay, let's eat, I'm starving." I said, wiping my eyes.

"Diddo." He pulled my chair out. "My lady."

I giggled and sat down. "Why, thank you."

As we dug in, I couldn't get over the fact that Austin was way too good for me, and I didn't know what I had done to deserve him.

But whatever I had done, I was sure glad I did it.