Chapter 17

Austin's POV

I was sat in the cafeteria with a few old friends that I ditched after meeting Justin.

I was just using them as an excuse to be here.

I was still avoiding Justin, and to my surprise, Emily was actually in school today.

She looked slightly better today, but her clothes were still hanging off her.

I stayed up all night thinking about what she said, how she carelessly told me she was giving up my baby for adoption.

There was no way I was letting her give my child away to strangers.

I wasn't exactly thrilled about finding out I was going to be a dad, but by no means was I going to abandon my baby.

Emily had left a gnarly bruise on my cheekbone from the book she threw at me yesterday.

Mom was less than pleased.

I couldn't actually tell her what was going on, so I just passed it off as getting in a scuffle.

I was currently staring at the table Emily, Justin, and Taylor were sitting at.

Emily was looking down at the table, avoiding the gaze of everyone who was talking about us.

"Austin, you getting wasted with us tonight?" Niall asked , knocking my elbow.

"Erm no, I have stuff to do." I mumbled, resting my chin on my hands as I continued to look at her.

She looked up and caught my gaze, narrowing her eyes and turning to speak to Taylor.

I sat up alert when I saw her grab her bag from underneath the table and stand up, walking out of the cafeteria.

I jumped up without saying a word sprinting after Emily.

I managed to catch up with her and she turned away as she heard my footsteps.

She growled and tried to walk faster, but I effortlessly caught up with her grabbing her elbow and spinning her around to face me.

"Get off me." She growled.

"No, we need to finish talking!" I spat back.

"You can either let me go or I'll give you another bruise, but this time not on your face." She warned glancing at my crotch.

I immediately let go, not wanting my balls shoved back inside my body.

Emily started walking away again.

"Emily please. I just want to talk! I want to help you and support you!" I confessed watching her walk away from me.

She froze in the middle of the empty hallway.

She slowly turned around.

"I needed you from the start Austin. Why are you so concerned about helping me now? I've told you I've made up my mind." She said quietly.

I walked towards her.