Chapter 8

Emily's POV

I groaned as I kneeled in front of the porcelain toilet, wiping my mouth with toilet paper.

I was just about to head out the door to school, when my morning sickness decided to make an appearance.

I hadn't eaten much last night, and I certainly hadn't eaten this morning.

Mom had left me some lunch to take to school, but just looking at the lunchbox made me nauseous.

Being pregnant was really taking its toll on me, and I was starting to feel very unwell.

I brushed my teeth thoroughly but quickly, in a rush to get to school.

The doorbell rang just as I reached the bottom of the stairs, and I sighed.

I expected it to be the UPS man with a parcel for mom or myself, so I got a shock when I opened the door.

"Austin?" I asked, staring at him with wide eyes.

"Erm, hey." He said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.

"I'd really love to stay and talk to you, but I'm late." I told him, rushing to get my bag and jacket.

"That's why I'm here. I'm going to give you a lift." He said, moving out of the way when I stepped out the door, and locked it.

"Austin, I really don't have the time for silly games." I sighed, shoving my key in my bag.

"I'm being serious, come on." He tugged on my arm, leading me to his car.

Austin was wearing his normal black jeans, a black snapback, a black shirt with a graphic design and his Air Forces.

He didn't seem to like color very much.

I almost wondered if the way he dresses resembles how he's feeling.

Dark and moody.

Austin opened the passenger side door for me.

I didn't protest as I got in his car. In fact, it gave me the chance to talk to him.

He flicked on the radio once we got in, and shoved some Ray Bans on his face.

He drove with a smile on his face, which was unusual because he was usually a miserable asshole.

I couldn't bring myself to tell him there and then, so I kept quiet and listened to him hum to the music playing.

After all, I didn't want to end up crashing with him in the car.

"The weather's nice." He commented, making me laugh.

Was he actually serious?

"I can't believe you just said that." I giggled, covering my mouth.

"Don't laugh! I was just trying to make conversation!" He defended, laughing himself.

A blush crept onto his cheeks.

I rolled my eyes.

One thing I noticed about him was that he had awful road rage, but it was rather funny to see him get frustrated.

I bet wasn't going to be saying that in a day or so.

We reached the school about five minutes before the bell was due to ring. I wasn't as late as I thought.

Before I comprehend what was happening, Austin had opened the passenger door and was helping me out.

My hand tingled when it touched his. He noticed this too, because he gasped quietly.

We both chose not to say anything.