Chapter 29

Emily's POV

"So, what's up?" I asked, coughing awkwardly.

Austin bit his lip and tensed up.

"I need to tell you something but you need to stay calm." He warned.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Go on..." I encouraged, leaning against the couch.

Austin took a deep breath before speaking.

"Justin bet me that I wouldn't be able to sleep with you at David's party, he told me that if I kept your panties as proof then he'd pay me." Austin blurted out.

My mouth dropped open, my heart broke a little bit and all feelings I'd previously developed for Austin disappeared instantly.

"What?" I croaked, feeling my skin heat up from embarassment.

"Emily, I'm sorry." He urged, taking a step towards me.

I held my hand out to stop him.

"Stay away from me."

"Emily..."

"I was a bet? So, you win money and my life gets ruined?" I cried, hot tears slipping down my pale face.

"I'm sorry." He whispered.

"I can't believe this! You took my virginity, got me pregnant and took money from Justin for doing so?"

"Emily, I didn't intend to get you pregnant, I swear." Austin promised.

"I'm an idiot, I can't believe this." I shook my head and laughed humorlessly.

Austin frowned.

"I can't believe I actually thought that maybe you liked me."

"I do like you Emily and I love our baby." He assured me, attempting to step forward again.

"Don't! Don't you dare!" I seethed, pointing my finger at him.

Austin held his hands up in defense.

"I'm sorry, Emily!"

"How could you pretend that everything was okay?"

"I don't know." Austin sighed.

"How long were you gonna keep this from me? Until I gave birth? Huh? Were we just going to play happy families if I changed my mind? Is that the only reason you're sticking around? Because you feel sorry for me?" I sobbed, holding my side as if I was literally falling apart at the seams.

"I honestly wasn't going to, Emily! I was just going to keep ignoring you but then you told me that you were pregnant and then I saw the baby! Things changed! This is why I've told you now, so we can move past this." He explained.

I scoffed as my angry tears continued to flow.

"We're not moving past this, Austin! Get out!" I screamed, pointing at the door.

"Emily, you need to calm down, this isn't good for the baby." He spoke softly, taking my wrist in his hand.

I yanked my limb away from him.

"Get out!"

"Emily...." He begged, his voice cracking.

I pushed on his chest and he stumbled back, I continued to hit him angrily as he backed into the hallway, attempting to hold me still.

I pushed him against the door and continued to sob loudly.

"Get the hell out of my house and stay away from me, any choice I now make will not have any involvement from you and as far as I'm concerned, this isn't your baby." I growled, ripping open the door and pushing him out.

He stumbled out onto the doorstep and tried to approach me but I slammed the door in his face.

"Emily! Please! You can't do this!" He bellowed, banging on the door.