Chapter 28

Emily's POV

It has been a few days since Austin has spoken to me, I guess he was angry after the scan about me still wanting to go through with the adoption.

My mom wasn't thrilled about my idea, but at the end of the day, it's my body and my choice.

I didn't want to raise a child knowing that it would have a better quality of life without me and being raised by a loving couple who actually wanted a baby.

It was Monday afternoon and I hadn't gone into school today because my morning sickness was that bad.

I actually had a bucket next to my bed if I thought I couldn't make it to the bathroom.

I was sat cross-legged on my bed, with my laptop and all the pamphlets that Dr. Thames had given me at my appointment in front of me.

I was searching Google, looking at numerous adoption agencies until I finally found one that seemed perfect and had good reviews.

It was called Future of Happiness.

I had gotten the contact number and all my information gathered, ready to call the number when there was a knock at my door.

I sighed quietly, wondering who it was as I weakly got up from my bed and made my way downstairs with one hand resting on my bloated, little tummy that was currently protecting my child from the harshness of the world.

I pulled the door open without looking to see who it was beforehand.

"Austin?" I asked as I faced the flustered and very nervous looking teenager.

"We need to talk." He stated, pushing his way into my house.

"Come in." I mumbled sarcastically, shutting the door and following him into my living room.

Austin was pacing from one end of the room to the other, pulling at his hair.

"What's going on?" I asked worriedly, resting a hand on my stomach as it churned.

Austin stopped pacing, ignored my question and looked down at my hand.

"You're showing." He mumbled, more to himself than anyone.

I nodded.

"Yeah, it seemed to appear overnight." I replied, shrugging.

"Can I?" He asked, motioning towards my bump.

I stared at him unsurely but nodded.

He hesitated before reaching out and cupping my bump, running his hands over the hard skin.

He kept his hands there for a few more seconds before pulling away and continuing to stare at my stomach.