Chapter 35

Emily's POV

I was busy rubbing and talking to my baby when my phone rang, scaring me in the process. The caller ID said unknown.

I answered anyway. "Hello?"

"..."

"Hellooo?" I said again, dragging out the 'O.'

No one answered, so I hung up with a shrug. "That was weird," I said.

A few seconds later, it rang again. "Yes?"

"..."

"Okay, seriously, who the hell is this?" I demanded.

"Emily?" I heard Austin ask from the hallway. His footsteps were approaching. "What's wrong?"

"Do you like scary movies?" Came a creepy voice from the other line.

"Uh, not really," I replied slowly. "Who is this?"

"What's your favorite scary movie Emily?" The guy said, completely ignoring my question.

"I don't have one, because I don't like them! And how do you know my name?" I asked scared. "Now listen up, you creep. Either tell me who you are or I'm calling the cops."

"Who is it?" Austin said from the doorway, but I held a finger up to quiet him.

"You don't know me. But I know you." The guy said.

"Mmm, nope, pretty sure you don't know me." I said.

"What would you say if I was to tell you I was in your house?"

I froze and looked at Austin. His eyes were full of confusion. "Y-you're in the house?"

"That's right. Come find me."

I shot out of the chair and held the phone to my shoulder so the guy couldn't hear. "There's some creepy guy in the house." I whispered to Austin.

His eyes widened. "What?" He grabbed the phone from me. "Who the hell are you?" Austin slowly turned around and started walking towards the hallway closet, me following. He slowly reached for the door before whipping it open. No one was in there.

Austin whipped around from the closet. "Liar." He said into the phone.

"Gotcha!" It all happened so fast, I barely had time to process it. A guy wearing a mask jumped out of nowhere and stabbed Austin. Right in the stomach.

"No!" I screamed as Austin's eyes widened in shock and he fell to the ground, blood pooling from the wound and his mouth. He was coughing blood.

The guy ran off, and I didn't see where he went, but I heard the door slam. I knelt next to Austin. "Austin, stay with me."

But he was already gone.

"Austin!" I screamed at his lifeless form.

***********

"AAAAHHHH!" I screamed as I shot up in bed, which woke up Austin with a start. He flipped onto the floor with a loud thud.

"Ow!" He yelped from the floor.

"Austin?" I asked worriedly, tears coming to my eyes.

"Well, duh, who else would it be?!" He exclaimed, standing up with a groan and straightening out his sweats. "What's wrong?"

"I had the scariest dream ever!" I said, bursting into tears. "And you were murdered in it, right in front of me!"

Austin's irritated expression softened and he quickly crawled back onto the bed with me, pulling me into his arms protectively as he leaned against the pillows. "I'm right here, Emily, I'm not dead." He said softly, stroking my hair.

"It was horrible," I sobbed into his chest. "It was almost like the murders in the Scream movies. That's never happened to me before. I thought I lost you."

"You'll never lose me, Ems. It was just a bad dream," He muttered into my hair. "Shh, I'm okay, Emmy. I'm right here." He said soothingly as he rocked me back and forth slowly.

My sobbing subsided a while after to sniffling, and Austin rested his head on top of mine. "You okay now?"

I nodded and wiped my eyes. "Sorry I made you fall out of bed."

He chuckled. "Don't worry about it. Worst case scenario is bruises on my face in the morning." He joked, trying to make me laugh.

I cracked a smile. "Thank you."

"Anytime. Now come on, you should get some sleep."

I shook my head quickly and I lied down again under the blankets. "I'm not sleeping again. I'll lie here with my eyes open."

"Emily, I'm right here beside you," He said gently. "Don't worry." He lied down too, and I immediately turned over to bury myself in his warm, bare chest.

"Feel more comfortable now?" Austin laughed, wrapping his arms around me.

"Very."

"I love you Emily." He muttered as I closed my eyes.