Chapter 18

Austin's POV

"Then let me support you with it. I just want to be part of that baby's life."

"It won't be ours though, will it? Austin, I don't know what to do." She sniffled, covering her eyes as she turned away from me.

I quickly pulled her into me and into a storage cupboard that was conveniently next to us.

I shut the door and turned on the light holding Emily close to me.

She cried into my neck wetting my hoodie with her tears.

I was so shocked she was letting the walls she'd built herself around crash down so quickly and especially in front of me.

I rubbed her back feeling so guilty that I was the reason for causing her so much pain.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered into her hair.

"What for?" she squeaked pulling away from me and wiping her eyes.

"For doing this to you." I replied motioning to her stomach.

She pulled her jacket around herself hiding from my gaze.

"I'm sorry for bruising you." She murmured suddenly residing back behind the walls.

" I deserved it. Um, Emily?"

"Yeah?"

"Can I come with you to your doctor's appointment today?" I asked shyly.

"I don't know. My mom didn't exactly react well yesterday...." She trailed off looking at me sadly.

"Never mind. It was stupid to ask. Uh, I'll see you soon. Say sorry to your mom for me." I muttered rubbing my neck and grabbing the door handle.

Before I can turn the handle, a hand was placed over mine.

I looked up at Emily.

"You can come Austin. Forget what my mom thinks. You're the father and you deserve to be there."

"Really?" I smiled suddenly excited at the chance of seeing my baby later.

"Yeah. Will you come and pick me up later?" she asked dropping her hand once she realized it was resting over mine.

"Yeah of course. What time?" I nodded and grinned.

"Four. My appointment is four thirty."

"I'll see you then!"

Emily smiled lightly, before grabbing her bag and turning the door handle walking out without another word.

I rubbed my cheek.

I guess I was finally getting somewhere with her, and I just hoped that nothing was going to ruin it.