Chapter 36

Emily's POV

"Taylor, do we have to?" I groaned for the third time as she was dragging me to her car.

She rolled her eyes. "Yes we do. Emily, more than half of your shirts don't fit over your stomach anymore. Would you rather stretch them or let me buy you maternity ones?"

"Why can't I just wear my dresses?" I asked. "They still fit."

"Um, because it's November?"

"It's still hot out." I pointed out.

"The skirt will look shorter because of your stomach, showing a hell of a lot more than you want." She replied. "So stop whining, get in the car, and let me take you shopping!"

I sighed. "Fine. You're only supposed to be checking in on me, not taking me on shopping sprees."

She slid into the driver's seat, me sliding into the passenger seat, and pulled out of the driveway. "Technically, I never said that. And neither did Austin."

Damn, she was right.

"Okay, but please don't splurge. I don't need a whole new wardrobe." I told her.

"Yeah, yeah." She flipped her hand. That was Taylor talk for 'I'm pretending to listen, but I'm actually not going to, and I'll do my own thing.'

It was Wednesday, two days since I was in the hospital. I was doing fine by myself, but I missed Austin, even though Taylor came by every now and then.

We got to the mall and parked before getting out and heading towards the entrance.

"Okay, so, we'll go to Maggie's Maternity first because they have the best clothes for pregnant ladies." Trish told me as we passed the fountain. "Cute, and affordable!"

"Taylor, I'm not exactly a lady yet. I'm 17 and the size of a fourteen year old. Those clothes aren't going to fit me."

"What about Forever 21 then? You love that place." She replied. "We can buy stuff with flowing bottoms or something."

"I do." I said dreamily. "Okay, let's go there."

We headed to Forever 21. When we arrived, there were a bunch of guys outside the store, looking bored and tired while waiting for their girlfriends. At least Austin made an effort, even though I knew he hated it. Austin actually came into the stores with me.

As soon as we got inside, almost every single girl in there stared.

"Look away people! What, have you never seen a pregnant girl before? Austin will have your heads!" Taylor exclaimed.

"Taylor." I said in a hushed voice, but she wasn't listening.

"Do you want this to get back to him?" She asked the girls. They frantically shook their heads. "Then beat it!"

They all scattered.

"Thanks." I said gratefully. "I should be used to the stares, but I'm not."

"No problem. Now let's shop and get your mind off it!" Taylor said happily.

We looked around for a bit before I came across a top. "Ooh, what about this?"

It was a cinched midnight blue tank top and the bottom flowed out so it would be perfect. Simple, yet cute.

"I approve." Taylor nodded. "Here."

I handed it to her and she added it to the pile in her arms.

"You know, I could carry some of that." I told her.

She shook her head. "No way, I'll do it."

I raised an eyebrow. "I may be pregnant, but I'm not completely useless. My arms still work."