Chapter 6

Emily's POV

Nerves flooded inside of me as I saw my mother's car in the driveway, I took a deep breath just before I opened my front door.

I was telling her I was pregnant today, even before I told Austin.

"Mom! I'm home!" I called, my hands shaking.

"In the kitchen, baby!" She shouted, I could smell the food she was cooking, and it smelt so good.

I took a large breath, and plastered a smile on my face when I walked to meet her.

I hung my bag over the back of one of the chairs, taking a seat.

Mom was stood stirring some noodles at the stove, her dark hair piled on top of her head.

She was in an old jumper and leggings.

"Did you have a good day, baby girl?" She asked, coming over to peck my forehead.

"Yeah I did, erm, there's actually something I wanted to talk to you about." I said quietly, rubbing my hands together nervously.

"What's that then?" She asked, smiling as she wiped off her hands on a towel.

"Come and sit down, mom."

She looked at me strangely, but hesitantly sat down opposite me.

"What's going on, Em?" She asked worriedly, reaching over to grasp my hands in hers.

I relished the moment, because I knew my mom wouldn't be acting like this within the next few minutes.

"I need to tell you something, and you can't freak out."

"Emily, what's going on? Are you in trouble? Has somebody hurt you?" She asked me quickly, her eyes filled with fear.

"I'm pregnant, mom." I stated, watching her reaction.

Her mouth dropped open and she loosened her grip on my hands.

"Emily." She sighed, dropping her head into her hands.

"I'm sorry, mom." I whimpered, too scared to touch her.

"You're 17, Emily! How did this happen? When did this happen?" She gushed, tugging on her hair.

"At that party you let me go to a few months ago."

I was ashamed of myself for letting this happen.

Why didn't I stop Austin?

"Did you not use anything?"

"Yeah we did, it must have broken or something." I said quietly, looking down embarrassed.

"Who's we, Emily Who's the father?" Mom asked me, cupping her face in her hands.

"Austin Mahone."

Mom shook her head in disappointment, trying to take the news in.