Chapter 34

Austin's POV

"Austin, wake up." I heard my mom's voice. "Austin, wake up."

"Mm..what?" I asked waking up. "Oh shit, Emily."

"Whoa chill, she's okay." My mom said.

"Really? Can I see her?" I asked jumping up.

"Yeah, I came to wake you up and tell you." She said and I rushed down the hall to the room number the nurse told me when I asked to see her an hour ago but couldn't because she was still unconscious.

I ran over to her and hugged her. I started crying out of nowhere, which I rarely do.

"Mmh..." She groaned and I looked up at her.

"Emily?" I questioned.

"A-Austin..." She choked out trying to open her eyes.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm here. I'm right here." I said with my arms around her and holding her hand.

"Wh-Where am I?" She asked me.

"You're in the hospital. You started bleeding in your stomach." I told her.

"Th-The baby! Austin! I-Is the b-baby o-okay? Austin, what have I done? I'm a terrible moth-"

"Hey hey. Calm down. The baby is fine. You're fine. You just had a terrible breakdown. Everyone is okay. You're not a terrible mother Emily. You're the best mother any child can ask for. I promise you that."

"But, I'm in here because of me. I put the baby's life at risk. I'm sorry."

"Hey. It's okay. It doesn't matter anymore. It's in the past. It's my fault you're in here. Everything's going to be okay." I reassured her. "How are you feeling?"

"Fine, but my back and belly hurt." She said.

"Well, yeah. You're carrying a baby around. Your stomach is a bit smaller than the size of a basketball, which I know doesn't sound very big, but on you, it is." I said.

"Gee, thanks." She said sarcastically.

"Anytime!" I replied cheerfully.

"Austin?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you come lay with me?" I felt kind of awkward around her because we didn't really talk much. But, I'll do anything for her and our baby. No matter what it is.

"Sure." I replied back. I crawled into bed with her and laid down. She cuddled up next to me, with her head on my chest along with her left arm. Her right hand was on her belly. I put my right hand around her and put my left hand on her belly. I kissed her head and rubbed her belly. "I love you Emily Smith, and I love you too my little baby." I rubbed her belly and fell asleep.