Chapter 21

Emily's POV

"Emily Smith."

I look up and see the doctor standing in the doorway in front of me.

Austin raises his hand a bit and the doctor smiles.

"I'm Doctor Jacob Thames. We're ready for you Ms. Smith. Your boyfriend can come too." He says nodding at Austin with a nurse joining his side.

Boyfriend?

You got it all wrong Doc.

I feel Austin tense up a bit before standing up.

He holds his hand out and helps me up leading me to the doctor, never letting go of my hand.

"I'm Emily and this is Austin." I introduced us to the doctor.

Dr. Thames ushered us inside his room, and I glanced at the white walls.

All three of us took a seat, he clasped his hands in his lap and faced us.

"So, what's happening?" He wondered.

Austin glanced at him stupidly.

"Erm, I took a pregnancy test and it was positive."

He nodded.

"Is it okay if you do a urine sample for me, just so we can make sure?" He asked.

I nodded as he handed me a small, plastic bottle.

"Bathroom is to the right." He directed, and I hurried out of the room to do what needed to be done.

When I was finished, I slowly made my way back to Dr. Thames room, holding the bottle of urine under my sleeve out of Austin's view.

He really didn't need to see that.

I handed it to him and watched as he tested it with a paper strip.

I guess it was pointless hiding it from Austin.

"Yeah, you're definitely pregnant." he told us, emptying away the urine, cleaning the sink and washing his hands thoroughly.

"Erm, I thought so." I shrugged.

"Have you had any symptoms other than a missed period?" he wondered, trotting over to the bed on the other side of the room, covering it in sterile paper.

"Just sickness, I can't seem to keep anything down." I told him, and he hummed in response.

"I need to examine you, Emily. Is that alright?"

I was surprised when he told me this, I didn't realize he needed to be that...close.

"I guess so." I looked at Austin who shrugged at me, obviously feeling a little awkward.

"Would you like Austin to leave?" he asked, noticing I was hesitant.

I thought about the situation for a minute, before shaking my head softly.

I NEEDED someone to hold my hand, even if it meant touching the asshole who knocked me up.

"Alright, Miss Smith. I'll just step outside to let you change into the gown on the bed, remove everything, once you've done that, just lay down and put your feet in the stirrups." he explained, pointing to everything before he left the room, shutting the door quietly behind him.