Chapter 30

Emily's POV

I slid down the door while clutching at my hair, pulling it tightly as my chest heaved from my heavy breathing and loss of breath.

I'm pretty sure the whole neighborhood was alarmed at what was happening between Austin and I.

How could he do this to me?

How could he pretend that nothing was wrong?

How could he play the innocent act for so long?

The baby was even more of a mistake than I thought and now I dispised it even more now that I learnt that it was a product of Austin's bet.

Austin continued to pound on the door for another five minutes before he gave up and left, threatening to be back later with a lawyer.

I lifted myself up and slowly walked back upstairs, still holding my side as I felt a cramp from crying so hard.

I dragged myself into the bathroom and looked in the mirror.

There were tear tracks down my face, my cheeks were red and eyes bloodshot.

I grabbed some toilet tissue and wiped my face, blowing my nose.

I had just thrown away the tissue when I felt an excrutiating pain radiate through my abdomen.

I doubled over, crying out in pain and holding onto my stomach.

Fresh tears slipped out as more pain radiated through my womb.

I looked down and sure enough, there was a trickle of blood seeping through my pajama pants.

Only one thought came to mind.

I was losing the baby.