Chapter 31

Austin's POV

I sped away from Emily's house with a bad temper and the feeling of guilt.

I didn't expect her to act that way when I told her, especially not now she's pregnant.

This was all Justin's fault and wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for him and now I can't even see my own child or prove that I can be a good dad and convince her to change her mind about the adoption.

I was going over to Justin's house to take out my frustration, knowing that school had finished an hour ago after I cut my last class.

I sped the whole way there and I'm pretty sure that I burn my tires out when I skidded into his driveway.

I stormed up to their garage when I could hear the faint sound of singing and an electric guitar's riff.

I lifted the door and was met with three pairs of eyes.

Alex, Cody and Justin were gathered in the room, tuning their microphones ready for practice.

"Austin!" Alex grinned, his teeth showing.

"Where the hell have you been? You've blown off the last seven practices!" Cody asked angrily, frustration evident in his voice.

"I've been busy." I said cooly, glaring at Justin who was perched on a chair.

"With what? You can't be blowing us off while we're trying to get signed, Austin!" Cody groaned.

"Sorry for missing practice, I guess you know how hard it is to turn up when the mother of your child is trying to give her away and has banned you from being around her." I seethed, still glaring right at Justin.

"Wha-baby? What baby? What's going on?" Alex piped up, placing his microphone down.

"What's going on, Austin?" Cody asked, sensing the tension between Justin and I.

"Well, Cody. It all started off when Justin bet me that I couldn't get Emily to sleep with me at a party last November. Of course, I slept with her but ended up knocking her up! She told me and now wants to give the baby up for adoption, which is not okay with me. So, I decided to tell her the truth today about what happened and guess what? She's forbidden me from being around her or my child!" I explained, laughing humorlessly and flapping my arms around.

"Dude..." Justin started, dropping his mic.

I narrowed my eyes at him.

"You're the reason all of this began, you're the reason my child isn't going to be calling me daddy." I seethed, clenching my fists.

"I know and I'm sorry for everything." Justin spoke, acting genuine.

"Sorry isn't going to get my baby back though is it?!"

"Austin, calm down." Cody ordered, resting a hand on my chest.

"Calm down?! How the hell can I calm down when I've just lost my baby and the girl who I could have potentially ended up marrying?"

"Dude-" Justin started, but was cut off when my mobile started to ring.

I growled and angrily pulled it out of my pocket.

My breath caught in my throat when I saw the caller ID said Emily and my stomach dropped but I couldn't help the slither of hope that I had, that maybe she had changed her mind and wanted to talk.

I motioned for everyone to shut up.

"Emi-"

"Austin, I ca- I can't, the baby...something is happen-" Her voice crackled through the speaker.

"Emily? What? What's happening?" I asked urgently, hearing her gasping for breath.

"I'm bleeding, you need t-to come, please help." She sobbed and that was the last thing she spoke before the line went dead.