Girl Meets Shopping for the Summer

'Since we'll be going on our trip soon, shouldn't we be going out to buy some new clothes?' Maya asked her best friend. Riley thought about that for a while and a smile slowly spread on her face. 'Definitely! I want a dress with those cute Hawaiian flowers and a new pair of sunglasses and - oh, I need new flip-flops!' Maya laughed at that. 'Don't think we have enough money for that, Riles', she said. 'MOM!' Riley called to her mom who was downstairs. 'Yes honey?' Topanga answered. 'Can we go shopping? We still need some stuff for our holiday. Can we go? Please?' she pleaded. There was a moment of silence, but then Topanga shouted: 'Okay, Riley, but don't buy too much. Your dad and I are saving for a trip ourselves.' Riley and Maya heard footsteps coming up the stairs. 'Girls, you have to be back in two hours. The mall will be closing then anyway.' 'Sure', Riley said and Maya simply shrugged. 'Cool with me.' Topanga left the room, but then soon came back and handed Riley a hundred dollar bill. 'Wow, mom, thank you!' Riley exclaimed as she hugged her mom. 'That's for the both of you. Go buy yourselves something nice.' 'Will do. Thanks Mrs. Matthews', Maya said and she and Riley left for their favourite store - Demolition.

The girls went through all of the racks of clothing. 'How about this blue dress?' Riley asked Maya. 'It's nice.' Riley then went to the dressing rooms, since she already had her arms full with clothes. 'Peaches, are you coming?' Maya soon followed her best friend. 'No no no, that can't be everything', Riley said, looking at the black top Maya had in her hands. 'You can try something of mine.' Maya groaned. 'Not really my taste what you have there, Riles', she tried, but Riley pulled her into one of the fitting rooms. 'Try this on', Riley said, handing Maya some clothing. She now held in her hands one pair of white trousers and two cute tops - a green one and a purple one. Riley herself changed into a marine blue top with white and yellow flowers and green dots. She also wore a long, red skirt. 'What do you think?' she asked Maya. 'Totally you!' Maya was wearing the trousers and the purple top and quickly pulled a jacket off off one of the racks. 'And how do I look?' she said while admiring herself in the mirror. 'LOVE IT!' Riley yelled. 'Thought so.' They put on a few other looks and then  bought the clothes they decided to keep. After chatting a little bit with the sales girl, they left the store. ''Wanna grab something to eat?' Maya asked. 'Always', Riley said happily.

'So, how do you feel about going on a romantic getaway with Lucas?' Maya asked Riley as she took a bite from her piece of apple pie. Riley, who was munching one a bit of chocolate pie, frowned. 'What do you mean?' 'Oh come on, Riles! You like him and he clearly has a thing for you. And now, the two of you are going on a trip together.' Riley swallowed her piece of pie and then said: 'We're going as friends and we're going with other friends.' 'Yeah, but still...' 'Well', Riley begun, 'Then how do you feel about going on a trip with my uncle Josh?' 'Wha- what?!' Riley laughed. 'Maya, I've seen the way you look at him. By the way, you can't have him, he is my uncle.' 'So, what's the problem? That would be sweet, I'd be your aunt.' Riley shuddered. 'No thanks, I like having you as my best friend-slash-sister.' The conversation fell quiet for a while. 'You really like him, don't you?' they said to each other at the exact same moment. They giggled. Riley was talking about Maya liking Josh and Maya obviously meant Riley and Lucas. 'Yes', Riley said with certainty. Maya said: 'I don't know. The only thing that's sure is that he'll never see me that way.' She suddenly had a sad look in her usually sparkly, blue eyes.

This is all for now! Thanks for reading everyone.

Love,