Girl Meets Everything

A day later, Cory was finally released from the hospital. 'Wow, that's great news!' Maya had said. Riley, who had been standing next to her when they'd received the news, was jumping up and down of excitement - literally jumping. 'But... That's really soon', Maya said with a frown. 'Is he even ready for that?' Topanga nodded. We have spoken with the doctors and they agreed he was stable enough.' 'Great', Maya said, now catching some of Riley's enthusiasm. 'When will we pick him up?' she asked. 'Around four, I think. But Shawn and I will go alone. You can wait for him at home.' Riley stopped jumping. 'Why can't we come with you?' 'It's better this way. Besides, you can decorate the house a little. Maybe make a 'welcome home' sign for him.' Riley thought about that for a few seconds and then turned to Maya with a big smile on her face. 'Where's the glitter?' Maya sighed. 'Oh boy.'

They didn't end up making the sign, much to Riley's disappointment. But they did make a beautiful bouquet, existing of the exotic Hawaiian flowers. And there were homemade waffles waiting for Cory when he got back from the hospital. Unfortunately, he had to walk with crutches. But hey, the bright side was that his injuries hadn't been fatal and he was now back at the mansion. As soon as the car came up the driveway, the group, Auggie, and Katy ran outside to greet Cory. 'Dad!' Riley said, smiling. She was so happy to see her father again without him being in a hospital bed. Cory tried to give her a hug, but it was difficult with the crutches. 'My brother!' Josh exclaimed. 'My brother!' Cory replied. It took him a while to walk through the garden and into the mansion - he still had to get used to this new way of walking - but he managed. When he saw the flowers and waffles, it was hard for him to hold back his tears.

That evening, Cory and Topanga were alone in the garden. Cory was lying on one of the sunbeds and Topanga sat next to him on the bed. The sky was covered in stars. However, the couple didn't notice that as they only had attention for each other. 'I didn't think I'd ever say this', Topanga began, 'but I'm glad you're back.' 'Very funny', Cory said. 'I'm just kidding. I can't imagine my life without you being in it 24/7. And that's probably because you're around me, like, all the time', she added teasingly. 'You make it sound like I'm some sort of a stalker.' 'Pretty much, yeah.' They laughed. 'I mean it, though. I can't imagine a life without you in it, Cory.' 'I can't imagine a life without myself, either', Cory said. Topanga gave him a playful slap on the arm. 'Careful there, Topi! Injured man. I repeat, injured man!' Topanga laughed. Cory lifted his hand and ran it through Topanga's hair. 'I can't imagine my life without you. And I don't want to. Never.' He pressed a kiss on her forehead. Topanga gave him a smile. 'What was that for?' she asked him. 'Nothing. Everything. Remember?' 'How could I forget?' she said. Even thought the sunbed wasn't very big, Topanga lay down next to her husband and rested her head on his chest. She finally took a moment to look at the stars. So beautiful, she thought. Yet it was nothing compared to the feeling she had while lying next to Cory. The whole life she had with him and the kids. That was her everything.

Hi everybody :)  I hope you liked this new chapter! I really wanted to make another Corpanga one, so here it is. Thank you so much for reading this! And a special thanks to those who have voted on previous chapters, I really appreciate it :D I wish you all a lovely day!

Love,