Girl Meets Phone Call #2

~This takes place before everyone could visit Cory. They just arrived in the hospital and were sent to the waiting room.~

Everyone was quiet, so Farkle figured he had the time to call Smackle. He had only spoken twice to his girlfriend, and honestly, he needed to hear her voice right now. A lot had happened over the past few hours and he was hoping she would be able to lift his spirits just the tiniest bit. 'Hello?' He could hear her voice clearly on the other end. 'Smackle, hey, it's me', he said, letting out a deep breath. 'Oh, hello, my former arch nemesis.' Usually, Farkle liked hearing that nickname. It reminded him of the times they were rivals. Of course, they still were, but things had changed. It had become more friendly - and even more than just that. But now, even the sound of the nickname didn't make him feel any better. He felt like every ounce of happiness in him had been sucked out. He never told anyone about it, but he had always seen Cory as a second father. His real father wasn't around all the time and he knew he could count on Cory. He would always be there for him. That didn't mean he didn't love his own father - of course he did! - but it meant he saw Cory as something more than just his silly history teacher. He hesitated for a few moments on what to say next. He didn't want to talk about the accident just yet. Maybe later.

F: 'So how have you been?'

S: 'Pretty much the same as usual. Not that it's possible, though, because you can't repeat your previous actions. What's done is done. You may attempt to do something similar or relive moments, but it can never fully be the same. How's Hawaii?'

F: 'It's, um, great. We're having, er- We're having a lot of fun.'

S: 'Good. I kind of wish I was with you guys. I think.'

F: 'Aw, so you miss me?'

S: 'No, I just... I wish I was with you right now, you know, next to you.'

F: 'I'm pretty sure that's what 'missing someone' is.'

S: 'Fine. Maybe I kind of, sorta miss you.'

F: 'Good.'

Farkle knew she had a hard time showing her affection for him, and hearing her say those words... It meant a lot to him. He knew it meant a lot to her too. If only the timing had been better. This wasn't the time to be happy. But Smackle didn't know that yet.

S: 'Farkle, is everything alright? You sound... off.'

F: 'Um, to be honest-'

He was interrupted by noise on the other end of the line. It sounded like a crash.

S: 'Something fell. I think my Mom dropped something. I'm so sorry, but I need to check if everything is okay. We'll talk soon, okay? Then we can proceed our conversation.'

F: 'It's okay. There isn't much to tell. Good luck and enjoy your holidays.'

S: 'You too. Bye.'

F: 'Bye.'

Click

He had wanted to tell her. He almost did. Farkle stared at the display of his cell phone. Something bad had happened and he needed his girlfriend's comfort. He wanted her to tell him everything was going to be fine and that there was nothing to worry about. Not that Smackle was the person to lie about something like that, but still... And Cory had to be fine. He just wished he had a person to talk to. He bit on his lip, fighting back a few tears. He didn't cry often, only when it was about something really close to him and something very, very serious. Cory was really important to him. He walked back to the waiting area and sat down on one of the colorful chairs. Nothing left to do but wait. In complete silence.

Hi everyone :)  Here's the new Girl Meets Hawaii-chapter. I kind of have a feeling most of you were hoping for the follow-up for Girl Meets Guilt. Let me explain why I didn't post that. I wanted to update today, but I also wanted to make a really good chapter after Girl Meets Guilt to really bring out the emotions. Also, I felt like Farkle hasn't played a big role in this story yet, so I wanted to make a chapter centered around him. Therefore, I made this one. I really want to put some time in the new chapter, so I hope you guys don't mind. The next one will be ready soon. Thank you for reading this chapter and a special thanks to those who have been voting on previous chapters :) I wish you all a very lovely day!

Love,