Girl Meets Goodbye

'Well...this is it, I guess', Riley said the next morning. 'Hmm', Maya agreed. The girls woke up early so they would have lots of time to prepare themselves. 'Is it weird that I'm really nervous?' Maya looked up. 'Of course not, Riles. But I'll be there to look out for you.' 'I know, Peaches', Riley said smiling. Riley put on a purple dress with orange-and-red ruffles at the bottom. Maya wore a pair of shorts and a blue tank top with a golden jacket. They took their suitcases and went downstairs. Cory, Topanga, Auggie and Josh were already there - ready for breakfast. 'So, you ready for the trip, Josh?' Maya said, trying her best not to sound nervous. 'Yeah, I've been really looking forward.' He smiled at her. Riley and Maya sat down at the table. 'Mmm, I'm starving', Cory said. 'What's for breakfast?' Topanga stood up from the table at reached for a plate with a large stack of pancakes on top of it on the counter. 'Pancakes. Yummm!' 'Dad, I'm surprised you aren't freaking out yet', Riley said. 'You know, the crazy protective dad stuff.' Cory looked at his daughter. 'Well, I'm keeping it in, since some people wouldn't appreciate it. And I've been, you know, sort of warned not to do that.' He shot a look at Topanga, who said: 'Eat your pancakes, Cory.' 'Yes ma'am', he answered and started munching on one covered in maple syrup. 'Thanks Mom', Riley said. Maya looked rather disappointed. 'Awww, I actually wanted to see him go crazy because his daughter was going away. On a long trip. With boys. Lucas'll be there', she said teasingly at Cory. Josh started laughing. Cory growled. 'It's fine Dad, you have nothing to worry about.'

After breakfast, the six of them went to the airport together, where they would meet Lucas, Zay and Farkle. They weren't there yet and Riley called Lucas just to be sure they wouldn't forget. But who would forget something like that? 'Oh hi Riley', his voice sounded at the other side of the line. 'Yeah, we'll be there soon. Don't leave without us', he said and Riley could practically hear him smile. 'Okay, well, I'll see you in a couple of minutes. Bye Lucas.' 'Bye Riley.' And after that she hung up. 'They are coming', she said to Maya and her family. 'Ooohh, they sell doughnuts over there', Cory said, pointing at the shop. 'You just ate like - what- ten pancakes? I think you've had enough', Topanga said. 'Fine', Cory grumbled. Josh took out a camera and made a picture of his brother and his sister in law. 'Ah, the beautiful moments of life.' He lifted Auggie up and put the kid on his shoulders. 'Now you're flying, Auggie. Just like you're on an airplane. Woooohoo', he shouted and he ran in a circle with his nephew still on his shoulders. After a while, he put Auggie down. 'Ladies', a familiar voice said. Maya and Riley turned around. 'Farkle', they said in unison. It was their way of greeting one another. Lucas and Zay also arrived. 'We're complete' Maya said and she walked towards the check-in desk. 'She just can't wait to get rid of us, can't she?' Auggie said with a playful smile on his face. After checking in, the group was ready to say their goodbyes. 'Bye Mom. Bye Dad', Riley said, hugging the both of them. Then, she turned to her little brother. 'I'm going to miss you, you know that, right?' she said as she planted a kiss on his forehead. 'I know. I'm going to miss you too.' Riley smiled. Josh hugged them as well. 'See you soon, my brother.' Then, just before they went to customs, Maya's mother rushed in. Shawn followed. 'Sorry, sorry I'm so late.' She hugged her daughter tightly. 'Have fun, sweetie.' 'Yeah, kiddo have fun', Shawn said. He also said goodbye to the rest and wished them a good time. 'It's time to go', Lucas said, looking at the clock. The friends gathered and walked away, leaving the rest behind. 'I can't believe this is really happening', Riley said and she squeezed Maya's hand. 'I know, Riles. I know. But we're gonna make this the best trip ever.'