Boomtown

He bloody told them how to create Firestorm.

THE IDIOT.

Mick swears loudly and a glowing Vostok turns towards us. A malevolent smile splits her face as fire erupts across her palms.

Oh for Odin's sake.

"GET DOWN!" Snart screams and Ray drops.

My body is cushioned by his as we hit the frozen ground. Fire soars overtop of us; scalding the hands that cover my face.

Groaning I plunge my burning digits into the snow.

"You okay?" Ray winces as Vostok cackles and blasts off into the air.

My eyes follow the flaming streak that is soaring across the sky before I answer.

"Yes, Ray," I groan, "I have been tortured, failed to be rescued and  now the future of the world is most likely in shambles but yes, Raymond, I, am just peachy."

My broken ribs make themselves know with a surge of pain and I gently press my hand against them.

"Just peachy with my broken ribs, concussion and burned hands," I conclude irritably.

Ray opens his mouth to reply but is cut off by a flaming Vostok hitting the ground beside us.

The heat overcomes the frigid cold instantly. I instinctively slide backwards as the heat intensifies and she walks nearer to me.

"Kari!" Ray calls desperately as Russian reinforcements race towards us from the stairwell.

They stop short in shock at the sight of Vostok but one manages to pin Ray to the ground before he can reach me.

"KARI!"

I ignore his yells as I scoot backwards away from the evil Firestorm.

"If Stein is inside you does that mean he fills that empty cavern where you're supposed to have a brain?" I taunt halfheartedly trying to escape her.

Vostok laughs; her body oozing power.

"You think yourself quite amusing, don't you?" She asks strutting closer.

The heat starts to make my face blister but I manage a weak shrug.

"I'd like to think so. You like to think you're clever don't you?" I mock back.

Her eyes flash.

"I cannot wait to see you as a pile of ashes at my feet," she snarls as flames appear in her hands.

Jax suddenly appears behind her staring wide eyed between us.

"I can," I smirk back.

"STEIN! YOU GOT TO GET OUT OF HER!" Jax yells.

Vostok's head snaps his direction. For a fleeting second her black eyes disappear and Stein's grey ones flicker to life. Vostok shakes her head as if to clear it and when she looks back up any trace of Stein is gone.

"Stein is dead," she snarls at Jax.

Jax's face hardens.

"No he's not. He's still on there. He's still hanging on to life and refusing to give up! BECAUSE HE NEVER GIVES UP!" Jax yells walking closer to Vostok.

"HE DOESN'T GIVE UP ON ANYONE. NOT ME. NOT HIS FRIENDS AND HE WOULD NEVER EVER GIVE UP ON HIMSELF!"  Jax finishes defiantly.

Vostok smirks widely as flames lick the air around her.

"You are a fool, child," she taunts, "An utter fool for believing-"

She stops mid stride and gasps.