Why I hate Bars

Kari POV

2 hours. Two bloody hours. WE HAVE BEEN AT THIS BAR FOR TWO BLOODY HOURS!!!

So far I have been asked to dance...on a table.

TWICE...

Both men who asked me are now unconscious and when they wake up will be nursing black and blue faces.

Four men have tried to buy me drinks. Two drunks have tried to kiss me and some dude thought it would be a good idea to play with my hair.

That idiot is nursing a fractured wrist.

Now I'm sitting at the bar beside Lenny.

After parking the bike he walked into this drug den and ditched me.

Jerk.

I rest my head more comfortably on my arm.

I need a nap.

Yeah a nice long nap.

Two wet lips pressed up against my neck jerk me back to life.

"What in bloody Jotunheim?" I mutter hazily sitting bolt upright.

The smell of pot and beer surge up my nostrils against my will. Instantly I wrinkle my nose in distaste. The drunk in front of me looks barely a year older than myself.

"Hello thereeeeee pretty lady," he smiles, "Wanna go somewhere special?"

He reaches a hand out to grab me and I instinctively jerk backwards.

...Off my seat.

...Onto the hard, wooden, floor.

"Odin's eye," I grumble angrily rubbing my sore tailbone.

The drunk grins down at me.

"I'll give you a kiss! To make you feeeel all better," he grins proudly.

Grimacing I lean as far away from him as possible as he leans down towards me; his lips puckered.

The stench of alcohol on his breath makes me gag as I try to scoot away.

Inches from my face he suddenly stops.

A puzzled look appears on his face; like he doesn't quite know what happened.

"Is he bothering you?" Snart calls in a bored tone from behind the man.

Indignation spreads like a wild fire through me.

"No, Lenny. A drunk stranger kissing me doesn't bother me at all," I snap sarcastically back.

"Suit yourself," Lenny shrugs letting the drunk go.

The drunk squeals with surprise as he falls forward on top of me.

I let out a small screech of anger and forcefully shove the man off.

He tries to pull me back down with him but I wriggle free from his grasp and kick him in the stomach.

Wheezing with pain he falls back to the ground.

I turn angrily around at Snart who is watching me with a bemused expression on his face.

"You. Idiot. ARE YOU TOUCHED IN THE HEAD? OF COURSE HE WAS BOTHERING ME! DO YOU THINK I LIKE BEING KISSED BY RANDOM STRANGERS?" I screech over the loud music.

He rolls his eyes.

"You didn't seem to mind when the freak with the sword laid one on you," he retorts as he grabs his beer off of the bar counter.