Billy and Travis

Our footsteps echo over the cracked pavement as we meander towards the center of the city.

"So Billy, what's your favorite color?" I ask the guard on my right.

He doesn't look at me.

"Travis buddy!" I call over to the other man, "How bout you?"

The younger guard looks at me and looks over at Billy before shrugging.

"Red."

I smile as I wiggle my wrists in my handcuffs trying to loosen them. The metal digs deeper into the welts on my wrists and I wince.

"Favorite food?"

The guard holds his head a little higher.

"Hot dogs."

"With sauerkraut?" I question reaching my chained hands up to my hair.

"No that stuff is nasty," the guard replies as we turn down another street.

The bright glow of the lit up street ahead casts light down the alley.

"Ah," I say back pulling a clip from my hair, "Interesting. What's your favorite sport?"

Travis shifts his gun in his arms as he ponders this.

"NASCAR," he finally decides.

I laugh trying to cover up the sound of my clip digging around in the lock.

"Driving around in circles is a sport?"

Travis shrugs again as he looks around the alley warily.

"You asked."

"Indeed I did," I say as the handcuffs slide swiftly down my wrists.

I catch them before they can completely fall off and maneuver them so the appear to still be on tightly.

"So what's your real name, Travis?" I ask casually.

"It's-"

"Quit talking to the prisoner," the other guard snaps glaring down at me, "She's just trying to escape."

Ha. Already can, Billy.

Travis nods and stands firmly to attention as the other guard marches us through the throng of people.

They part in surprise as we march through yet others continue cheering.

"TONIGHT WE KILL ONE OF THIS CITY'S GREATEST FOES!"

I glance up at the voice.

Oh Odin.

It's my favorite person in the world.

"TONIGHT WE RID THIS CITY OF ITS MOST DISGUSTING PARASITES!" Wilson continues from his platform.

The people roar in unison.

"KILL HER! KILL HER! KILL HER!"

Wilson nods and raises his hands for silence.

"TONIGHT!" He yells glancing over towards his left.

I follow his gaze and feel my chest tighten.

Beside him is Eclipse (or rather Ronnie) kneeling in front of a wooden block. A mental image of Wilson's katana slicing through the air passes through my mind.

I focus on Ronnie refusing to doubt our rescue plan. Her hair is hanging in scraggly curtains in front of her face but I can see a smirk residing there.

She knows.

"TONIGHT THE ECLIPSE WILL BE GONE AND REVEAL THE SUN!" Wilson finishes victoriously.