Chapter 22: Her New Charge

Hisoka now stood line for the elections, but revealing he had not written a vote. Kanzai, a member of the Zodiacs berated him and told him to leave. Instead of leaving, Hisoka remained seated near the stage while rating the other hunters who went in line to vote.

"95" He rated and turned to see Illumi in his disguise. "Off the scales." He said smirking as he saw a frowning Ellika following Illumi. He noticed the Hunters even the Zodiacs to look at her in awe and fear.

She glared at Hisoka then went to the line. Hisoka frowned not understanding her actions. She casted her vote and went to sit beside him. Her eyes cold and her mood even colder.

"Is something the matter, Ellika?" He purred as Illumi watched them from the stage as he casted his own vote.

"You're going to kill Gotoh. My favorite butler. I don't know why but I saw you killing him." She said glaring at Hisoka. "He's very efficient with his work."

"He also follows you around like a pathetic puppy." Illumi said as he approached them. Ellika frowned and looked at her brother who was in his favored disguise.

"Then I will not regret killing him and angering you then." Hisoka said as he placed his arm around Ellika's shoulder. "I do not want some pathetic dog sniffing around you."

"Killua will not be pleased. He must not know." She whispered to herself. Ellika's frown did not lessen but she let Hisoka hold her as the other hunters including the Zodiacs stared at them with curiosity and fear. The two were known to not show remorse and mercy in battles. But Ellika was very sociable and well-liked in the Hunter Association, even praised by the late Chairman Netero; unlike Hisoka who had tendencies to kill for fun. They couldn't make sense how they ended up as close friends. They watched with curiousity how Hisoka acted with Ellika. He acts like how a boyfriend would to their girlfriend. They watched Hisoka give her a peck and smirk at her as she frowned at him. They acted like a normal couple, and it was weird to see two lethal persons act normal.

"I'm going to scout for my next mission." Ellika announced before getting up and leaving Hisoka and Illumi.

Hisoka walked with Illumi out the hall. "Your sister has told me that she has chosen me for her husband."

Illumi stopped his bloodlust on the edge. "And you agreed?"

Hisoka smirked and shrugged. "We made a bet. If she wins, I will. If I win, I get to fight her in a death match where she assured that you and all the Zoldycks will not interfere or retaliate."

Illumi frowned but nodded. "Ellika has never lost a bet. I wanted to talk to you about Gon and Killua."

Hisoka looked at Illumi and followed him to a rooftop.

He now stood on a cliff while Illumi watched and his needlemen go after Killua. It seems his younger brother had taken their sibling, Alluka to make a wish to heal Gon. Hisoka would've rejected the job since Ellika had gambled her life to preserve Gon's life and he wanted Gon to live, but when Illumi told him that if Killua made the wish, his family including Ellika would die from the backlash of Alluka's abilities he had to take it. Ellika was in the vicinity finishing a job and was not told because their family was afraid of what she'd do. Hisoka sat down and taunted Illumi about killing Killua which made the needle user release his bloodlust making his presence known to anyone near, which included Killua. Illumi looked at Hisoka annoyed.

"Honestly brother. I felt the bloodlust miles away. What's got your panties in a twist?" Ellika said appearing out of nowhere.

Illumi groaned in annoyance and glared at Hisoka who smiled.