Chapter 29: His Renewed Bloodlust

Illumi was on an air shuttle with Hisoka. They had just finished their mission and was about to go to the Zoldyck estate. Hisoka wanted to see his future bride, he has been excited to catch up with Ellika after three months of not seeing nor talking with each other. They looked out the window boredly when Illumi's phone rang. He sighed seeing it was a video call from his mother.

"Illumi." Kikyo said urgently. Illumi sighed closing his eyes making Hisoka look at him. Hisoka listened to the conversation having nothing better to do.

"Yes, Mother?" He answered tiredly.

"It's Ellika." Kikyo answered sobbing. Illumi cursed his sister as he irately looked at his sobbing mother.

"What did she do now?" Illumi said and saw Hisoka perk up at Ellika's name.

"A Maxim has put her in some trance."

Illumi frowned not understanding.

"What do you mean, Mother?" He said his attention now focused on his mother.

"A member of the Maxim Family has apparently become Ellika's admirer. He stalked her for the longest time and was able to make her ingest a nen-infused potion that made her believe she returns his feelings." Kikyo said sobbing. Hisoka frowned at the information, his bloodlust oozing. Illumi raised his eyebrow at Hisoka who glared out the window.

"And this is a problem why?" Illumi said making Hisoka glare at him with such hatred. "She just won't stop attracting trouble, won't she?" But Illumi was hiding his anxiousness for his sister. Last time, he took it upon himself to punish Kalluto for putting Ellika in a dangerous situation. He had to control his anger to avoid killing Kalluto. Illumi may not admit it but Ellika was the closest thing he had as a friend even if she always disagreed with his ways and went against him, and he cared for his sister. He knew she was the reason Killua has not hunted him down.

"She refuses to be an assassin saying she wants to be the perfect wife to that Maxim boy." Kikyo said distressed. Illumi sighed. It couldn't be helped then. He had to help, or else he'll have to take on Ellika's missions.

"What did grandfather say? How did she even get affected? We're immune to poison." Illumi said as he saw Hisoka shuffling his cards trying to control his bloodlust.

"The Maxims are known for fusing their nen to potions making them potent. Your father says it's not the potion, but the nen that is controlling Ellika's emotions. She must have ingested several doses. He says that we need to get the boy and make him release Ellika from the trance." Kikyo explained.

"Who is the target?" Illumi asked.

"Erick Maxim. I'm going to send you his picture and last where abouts." Kikyo said before ending the call.

Illumi blinked as he received the picture. He looked at Hisoka who stared at him with a frown. Illumi showed the picture to Hisoka. Hisoka narrowed his eyes at the picture memorizing the man's face. He was going to kill the man for trying to take Ellika from him.

Illumi and Hisoka found the man in a hotel at the northern part of Swaldani City. Hisoka restrained the man with his Bungee Gum. Illumi had to make sure Hisoka did not mutilate the man before they fixed Ellika. They took the man into a sitting room where Ellika and Zeno stayed.

"Erick!" Ellika exclaimed happily and was about to run to him when Zeno stepped in front of her and told her to sit down. She sat down with a frown.

"Yup. That's not the Ellika I know. Normally she'd try to pass grandfather by force." Illumi said with a smirk as he pushed the man in front of Zeno.

Hisoka frowned when Ellika didn't even bother to greet him or look at him like she usually did.

"Now, you see, boy." Zeno said his eyes narrowed. "It's very obvious to us that Ellika is not herself. If you don't want your family to suffer the wrath of the Zoldycks, I advise you release her from your trance."

Erick gulped and nodded. "Erick! I missed you!" Ellika greeted as the man approached her.

"Hello, Elli." He whispered tenderly. "I'm sorry."

Ellika tilted her head confused and placed her hand on his face. "Sorry for what, Erick?"

Illumi saw Hisoka clench his fists as they watched the somewhat intimate scene.

Erick kissed Ellika's forehead making her blush. Zeno observed the foreign nen in Ellika's body disappear. Ellika blinked her eyes and looked around the room. Illumi placed a hand on Hisoka's arm when he saw the jester move, most likely to kill the foolish Erick.

"Uhm, why are you close to me, Erick?" Ellika said looking at him as she dropped her hand. Erick was suddenly pulled by a serious Hisoka. Illumi followed while Ellika looked at her grandfather confused.

"What was that about, Grandfather?" Ellika asked frowning. Zeno sighed amused at his granddaughter. He explained it carefully. Ellika listened intently, frowning.

"He what?!"

Illumi turned to the direction of Ellika's enraged scream. He turned to a furious Hisoka. Maxim was lucky Ellika was not there. They stood in the manor's many torture rooms.

Hisoka tortured Erick using his Bungee Gum to strangle him and hung him upside down as Hisoka threw cards at non-lethal parts of his body. He got bored and ended Erick. How dare that pathetic man try and take Ellika from Hisoka? He was furious.

Hisoka hated how tenderly Ellika looked atErick. He hated how she tenderly said Erick's name. He looked at the corpsehatefully before leaving, he saw a butler appear to clean up the mess. Hedidn't understand why he acted that way. He justified to himself that he did itbecause Ellika was his prized possession. But he didn't understand why he feltuneasy when he saw Ellika smile so tenderly at Erick. She has never smiled atHisoka that way. And he hated the fact that some random man was given thesmile, Hisoka noted, was reserved for her siblings. It was different from herusual mischievous smile, it was warm and alluring.