Chapter 23: Her New Conflict

"Killua." Ellika called making Killua tense. He wasn't sure if Ellika was on his side this time since Illumi was the foe.

"Nee-chan!" Alluka greeted happily

"Elli-nee." Killua looked at his older sister. "How'd you find us?"

"I'm your nee-chan, Kil." Ellika said vaguely. She knew Tsubone was near. She threw the talismans in the air startling Killua making him stand protectively over Alluka. A barrier formed around them making them invisible from outside the barrier. "Relax, Kil. I'm not here to harm you or Alluka. I placed a barrier that would make it impossible for anyone to see or hear us outside. It's one of my nen abilities involving time warping. It's a safety procedure to make sure Illumi does not know what we talk about. Someone in our family or someone from the butlers is assisting him."

"Why are you here, Elli-nee?" Killua asked as he relaxed.

"Father has ordered me to be your onee-chan." Ellika said smiling as she opened her arms to Alluka who smiled and hugged her. She smiled fondly at Alluka before looking at Killua who watched them with a small smile. "You shoul've told me first, Kil."

Killua frowned and looked down. "Alluka is now at risk. You know I've been working so hard to keep Alluka safe." Ellika scolded. Alluka looked at Killua and Ellika guiltily. Ellika smiled at Alluka. "You're not a nuisance, Alluka. Nee-chan and Nii-chan loves you very much." This made Alluka cry softly, hugging Ellika tighter.

"I'm sorry, Elli-nee." Killua said feeling ashamed. He had endangered Alluka, he should've gone to Ellika first. "I tried contacting you, but I was barred."

"I understand, Kil. Papa and Grandfather are just worried about your well-being." Ellika said gently as she caressed Alluka's hair.

"They don't consider Alluka as a family member!" Killua said remembering what Silva said to him.

"I know, Killua. That's why I've tried very hard to become the perfect assassin they wanted me to be. If I become a very valuable asset to our family, I can persuade our parents and grandfather easily." Ellika said as Killua realized what she meant. "I made a blood vow with father. I asked him to let you find your happiness, in exchange I will be loyal to our family and make sure you are safe even from afar."

"Elli-nee!" Killua said crying as he hugged his sister. "You gave up your chance for freedom for me. I know you could run away and they can't make you go back, why would you do that nee-chan?"

"I am your nee-chan before everything else, Kil. When you were born, I vowed to protect you and make sure you live a happy life." Ellika said softly as her younger siblings hugged her tightly. "I also want to see my Alluka happy."

"Thank you, nee-chan." Killua whispered wiping his tears. Ellika smiled fondly at him.

"Nee-chan was always a sucker for your cute little pout when we were younger." Ellika said pinching Killua's cheek. "You were such a cute child. But very spoiled and mischievous. And you look so cool and so handsome when you use your nen! My ototo will be a heartbreaker like his nee-chan!"

"That's your fault, nee-chan. You always get me what I want. Stop embarrassing me, nee-chan!" Killua whined blushing as Alluka giggled.

"Alluka, nee-chan is going to make sure you get to have fun okay?" Ellika said patting Alluka's head.

"Will you escort us to Gon, Elli-nee?" Killua asked hopefully.

"I will. I'll take care of Illumi's needlemen wandering around the area, you stay close to Alluka at all times." Ellika said with a grin.