~ Chapter Three ~

Chapter Three ~ Meeting Him Directly

The driver pulling up to the Montgomery home after telling security my name so they let us through the gate. I know my parents are already here and my nerves come back. I can do. Just ignore the boys and get to business.

"You ok miss?" I hear the driver ask and I look at him, the driver looking at me through the front mirror.

"I am just not use to this" I tell him honestly, I'm not use to this.

He gets out the car and opens the door for me, giving me a smile he says, "you'll be ok miss because you will outshine them all."

"Thank you and I'll see you later?" I ask and he nods his head. "Goodbye for now" I smile and turn to the porch of the house.

The outside interior is magnificent. The two storey building a pristine white with large windows and stairs porch leading to the door. Small garden lights out light the front garden and driver way. It's truly a beautiful sight with the moon radiating upon us. I check my phone quickly and see the time is half past, it hasn't started which is good, placing it back in my purse I walk up the porch stairs.

Hear the chatter grow the sound of music flow into my eyes as I get closer to the room where it is. As I walk through the hall preparing to see everyone else in the ballroom, the cream light walls, photographs and small warming lights making the house shine. I get closer to the large wooden doors, two men standing either side and push the door open for me.

I put a friendly warm smile on my face and walk through the door. People's chatter and laughter filling my ears. Old and young business men in suits and tuxedos, old and young business women, dates or not, in smart beautiful dresses. Luckily I notice no one has the same dress as me.

The room is filled with about 30 circular tables with about 10 seats round each of them. One table for each business. The chandelier hanging from the ceiling like the sun, a stage at the front and the band playing wonderful sounds. Large windows reflecting the sun set contrasting with the night sky. A rectangular long table near the entrance holding drinks of champagne.

I walk in and get a few gazes, men looking me up and down and young women giving me quick glances. Ignoring the looks I walk in and go to the table holding drinks. Taking one drink of champagne I take small sips on it and look round the room. My eyes spotting my parents talking to Mr and Mrs Montgomery. You can do this Tate. My dad spots me, making eye contact and a smile grows on his face.

"Tate" he calls and my mum, Mr and Mrs Montgomery look my way. Walking over to them I put on a kind smile. "Mr and Mrs Montgomery this is my daughter Tate Pierce" my dad introduces me.

"Nice to meet you" I shake Mr Montgomerys hand and look at Mrs Montgomery, "nice to see you again" I smile and shake her hand.

"You've met before?" Mr Montgomery asked looking at me and then his wife in interest.

"Oh yes dear, she was the girl I was telling you and Asher about earlier" she tells her husband with a smile.

"Oh that's right" he smiles at her and looks at me. "Well Miss Pierce I must thank you for putting my wife in a pleasant mood" he sends me a smile.

"Please call me Tate, Miss makes me sound to professional for my age" I say and he chuckles like everyone else here.

Mr Montgomery is a tall man, reaching above 6ft. His dark hair styled in a professional way and his figure matching the suit he's wearing. I can say he can look quite scary when he's serious but he is actually turning out to be really nice. The hazel eyes holds dignity and the gentle closed mouth he holds tells us power. The deep masculine voice well suited for an ex businessman like himself. Meanwhile Mrs Montgomery, the light brown and blonde hair, the warm hazel eyes like I've said before, smaller then her husband but less professional then her husband, the light that makes him alive.