~ Chapter Thirty-Seven ~

Chapter Thirty-Seven ~ Packing Up Work & Painfully Loving

{ Part 1 }

Waking up to a new day with a weird mood, head aching and the feel to go and freshen up. My eyes adjusting to the morning sunlight that's sneaking into the room, rubbing my hangs gently over my eye lids, I remove my covers and step my feet onto the hard floorboards.

The clocks strikes nine in the morning, I'll need to be ready by one as I'm heading over to Pierce & Co. Today is the day that I'm completely finished with my job, I'm going to collect my work belongings before finding a job soon after. Am I really doing this? Quitting my job to get away from the past, I'm running away and doubting myself. But I can't run back, can I?

Reaching my dressing gown, before stripping out of my nightwear and covering myself with it. I grab my towel and walk through the house to the bathroom. The house is quiet, meaning Sasha has gone to work. I kinda miss the work environment, I miss my friends. I miss our group - Jess, Ben, Thomas, Jen, Asher and I.

Rinsing myself down with the warm water, the ravishing smells of the shampoo, Conditioner and gel on my body and hair. Define! Cutting the water off I step out and dry my body, goosebumps forming cause of the frosty air hitting my naked skin. With my towel on my head, dressing gown on my body I walk out and back into the room.

Pulling out some smart grey jeans, a white short sleeve top and a denim jacket. Still with the towel containing my dripping hair. I begin to get dressed, finalising my look with a small amount of makeup, brushed hair and some white pumps. Taking a deep breath as I cringe at the sight of myself in the mirror.

What am I doing?

My once rosy pumped lips are now a dull deep frown. Those once life-like aqua blue eyes are now a faint blue with no spark. My brown hair that contains life now just runs down my back lifeless. My opinion on myself is negative- maybe I look like this and people say I don't. But right now I'm feeling of what I think I look.

"You can do this" I whisper to myself, willing to find the strength that I hold. Time has passed quick, I took long motions for my past actions and the drive is a couple of hours, I decide to head off.

Grabbing my phone and car keys as I walk out the bedroom and down the stairs. Heading to the kitchen to quickly grab a quick apple before turning off any lights that still radiate, and go out and look the front door. Hearing the sound of my now unlocked car, I sit down and take peaceful breaths trying to remain my strong posture.

Here we go. Here I go.

Lets pack up and get my future life on roll.

~~~~

The hour is one. I'm frozen in my seat, in my car that's parked in one of the parking arena that's close by to Pierce & Co. Feeling likes its been an hour even though it's been a minute, I've been sat here. I even drove round the city before getting where I am now, driving past Montgomery was one.

Tate do it! Be a lady.

Opening the door and standing out into the frosty city air, catching the tip of my nose. Tugging my denim jacket closer to my small body I walk, with a nervous tremble, to Pierce & Co. Not to soon the parking road becomes concrete steps, then they become pavement, then that becomes the opening doors of the place I need to go.

I don't get why I'm so nervous? Oh wait- everyone knows the truth.

Raising my head up high, causing a few heads to cast in my direction I open the doors. A bit to loudly then I would like. Workers seem to pause and look in the direction of the doors, the direction of me. People coming in decrease their speed as they wait for something to happen. I was expecting full on disgusted looks but instead I get silence, and curious faces.