~ Chapter Thirteen ~

Chapter Thirteen ~ Being Alone Until Coming Back

I don't want to go anywhere but here. I can't believe my life is messed up. You may be thinking I'm over exaggerating but let me ask you something. How would you like someone to purpose to you by shoving a ring on your finger without a single question? Not nice. The ring I love but I would have loved more presentation and I know we haven't had a date- which we need!

I tuck my legs into my body and try to cover my jumper over my legs. I'm still sitting in the park with wet tears and the starry night overshadowing me. My sniffles filling the empty park as everyone is asleep. Closing my eyes I feel more relaxed. I just need a night to forget everything and find a bit of peace.

With my eyes closed I feel my right hand fingers fiddling with the ring on my finger. Opening my eyes I meet the shining diamond, reflecting in the moonlight and dim streetlights. Jumping at the sound of a buzz I feel in my jumper pockets and see my phone. Thank god!!! I turn my brightness down saving my battery and it's not blinding me.

The time shows nearly midnight. I've been out here for hours and I look round seeing no one. Looking back at my phone I see it buzz and see Asher is calling me. Ignoring it I then see nearly fifty unseen texts from Asher, Jess, Ben, Jen, Thomas and some from my parents. Next seeing the same amount of missed calls from them all. Well if they are looking for me I can't see them.

A small sigh escapes my lips and I want to walk. A small smile creeps up my face and I think of my mother. I'll go there, walking through the silent streets and dark buildings. My mind wide awake and not going to sleep anytime soon. I need to tell my mother everything. Only some planes flying over the lifeless city like secret spy's.

My mind wanders with million of thoughts causing me to walk faster and faster. I can't cope with this all. I can't do this engagement, I'm not falling for Asher like I said before. Never fall for Asher I tell myself. The memories of the night at the open roof bar, memories of the newspapers, working at Montgomery, moving in to Asher's place and signing that stupid contract.

What can I do? I'm overthinking this all. I can't back out now and cause Pierce & Co to go bankrupt but I don't want to do this? What do I do?

~~~

Arriving at the quiet graveyard, some candles in jars setting the light along with brighter lamps. The temperature decreasing and slowly biting away at my skin. Checking my phone one more time I see more messages and missed calls. I need to let them know I'm fine as the time is past midnight. Let's hope dads awake.

Pressing my shaking fingers on my fathers contracts I listen to it ring. Waiting for the voice to enter my probably red ears. I hear someone pick it up.

"Tate?! Tate where are you? Asher told me you ran off and now everyone is here panicking" I hear his nervous concern voice.

"Daddy" I say tears springing my eyes. "I can't do this, not now" I sob out.

"Tate tell me where you are?" He says wanting to know and I can't spit it out.

"Tell everyone to stop worrying and tell them I'm fine" I cry out, tears flowing down my face, my hormones everywhere.

"Tate, Asher wants to talk to you" he says sounding like he wants to drag me back home.

"Tate! Tell me where you are, please" I hear Asher sounding nervous, why does he care? He shoved a ring on me then left.