~ Chapter Twenty-Eight ~

Chapter Twenty-Eight ~ Stories Of Who SHE Is

Asher pulls me outside and down the garden. I smile looking at the scenery round us, the swing where we kissed. The evening sunset giving it a warm glow, the swing sways softly and soft garden lanterns surround the tree and outskirts hedges. My smile slowly fades as Asher turns to look at me, the two of us standing and looking at each other.

"We need to talk" he states and looks at me, his eyes hold serious and light guilt. A confused frown forms but goes as I go to speak.

"We do, you want to start?" I say with a low voice, I glare at him and I'm returned with a sigh.

"Tate it's better you start and I fill in the blanks" he sighs, his hand coming up and pulling on his face with frustration. It slowly drops and I'm met with those eyes once again and I fold my arms to show him my feelings.

"Ok let's see" I start sarcastically, "where were you when you were meant to meet for lunch? Why were you late to tonight- and who is this girl?!" I snap at him, my tone harsh letting him know my wondering questions.

"Tate" he begins, his voice making my heart skip a beat because of how soft it sounded. I love how he says my name. This man I'm falling for.

"Actually tell me later as I don't want to get upset with you right now" I state getting all annoyed and sad, beginning to turn round I freeze. "And don't lie" are my finale words before I walk away.

A tear slipping down my cheek. That one tear is the start to many come but I contain myself. Safe it for tonight Tate. Asher has ruined my day more. First my past is coming and now this mystery girl.

~~~~

Walking through the door of the penthouse with Asher trailing behind. We haven't spoke since the small bicker in the garden. All of us said our goodbyes round ten and the night is now running late.

Making my way upstairs and into the bedroom I throw my bag on the floor and grab my pyjamas. Before Asher could say my name when he walks in the room I close the bathroom door and remain silent, getting changed. I walk back out and place my clothes in the laundry basket, Asher sitting on the bed still in his original clothing.

"Tate" he says and I turn my head to look at him. He sends me a small smile before asking, "can we talk? Please Tate I need to tell you because I can see your annoyed at me for being late, I apologise."

Gosh he looks so innocent right now but why? What secrets and hidden mysteries has he had with this certain woman who's named Josie Fuller.

"Don't apologise Asher" I sigh, walking over to him and I place myself next to him. With my body turned to face him and eyes watching him with nerves, I grab his hand to reassure him. "I just want some answers" I say with a gentle smile before placing a small kiss on his lips, pulling away before he can respond.

"Answers" he sighs ducking his head, pulling his hand away from mine and resting them on his knuckles. "Where to begin?" He chuckles to himself and I slowly pull my hand to the back of his neck, rubbing smooth circles against his soft skin.

"What about tell me who Josie Fuller is?" I ask carefully with a light voice. My fingers playing with his strands of hair that reaches his neck.

"She's an old friend" he sighs and pauses. I'm not sure if he's going to speak again. He doesn't. I'm not sure if he's going to move. He doesn't.