~ Chapter Thirty-Two ~

Chapter Thirty-Two ~ Apologising To My Family & Ending With Him

Nervously standing at Jess and Bens door my hand turns into a fist and I'm ready to knock. I've been pacing all morning, trying to convince myself it will be ok. So here I am with my brain not managing to knock the wood and my heart beat rising isn't helping at all. Come on Tate she's your best friend.

Knock. Knock. The door lets off those sounds and I hear footsteps from behind the door. It slowly opens and there I see Jess looking tired and I let off a confused face to this, she returns to me with wide eyes and I smile. Suddenly I'm pulled into a large long hug and I return it with the same amount of effort. I pull back gently as I hear some sniffles.

"Jess what's wrong?" I pull back and she drags me in the house and sits me down on here sofa. I keep hold of her hand and turn to her sitting next to me.

"I was so worried" she cried out, "no I'm so sorry. I mean you and Asher- oh god Asher and... Josh" she cries louder and I'm guessing Ben is at work today.

"Jess it's okay. Just what happened last night" I try to calm her down and she slowly wipes her tears away.

"Well everyone watched you break off the marriage and then the police took Josh, Asher got mad and everyone left except everyone in our group, yours and Asher's parents and Josie" she rumbles on and my heart pangs at Josie staying. "Then Asher had a fight with us and we kept telling him that you were nervous and scared but he just kept getting angry" she finishes.

"I wouldn't be surprised if he got angry. Jess it's all my fault" I start to feel my emotions again and I rest my head on Jess's shoulder. "I messed up and now everyone hates me and the press knows" my voice cracking with each word I speak.

"Tate it will get better, you just need to tell him the whole story and apologise" she soothes me and I rub my teary eyes with my spare hand.

"That's if he wants to speak or even look at me, I embarrassed him" I say softly.

"Do you still love him?" She asks and I nod my head after awhile.

"I do but I think I need a new start, we both do and even if my father is in dept with the Montgomerys, but we need this. I'm thinking of apologising and then finding a new house, maybe get a new job" I explain my thoughts to Jess and I hear her sigh.

"Doesn't your father need you for his company?" She asks and I shrug in response.

"He could find someone else" I mumble to her but it comes out in a whisper.

"If you think a new start will be good then go for it" she says and I sit up to look at her with a small smile. "Go for it but only if you think it's a good idea" she agrees with me and I give her a small hug.

"Can I ask you a question?" I say quietly, luckily she nods her head gently. "Can you come with me to see my parents?" I ask, afraid she's going to say no. I need Jess as she's not only my best friend, not only like my sister but she's my shoulder to lean on.

"Of course, I'll help you anyway and go with you anywhere" she smiles and we share another loving friend hug.

"Did I disturb something here?" I hear a voice coming from the hallway and we both move our heads to see Ben. I give a shy smile but he comes over and gives me a good hug. "Oh Tate?" He sighs and I get nervous.

"Have you seen him since yesterday" I ask with my heart beat hammering in my chest. He slowly nods and I go quiet along with Jess. "Where did you see him?" I asked and he looked at me with sad eyes.

"I went to his office at lunch and everyone looked tense and hard working. I even got to ask some people and they said he came straight in looking tired. I mean wouldn't he miss a day?" Ben explains to me and Jess. The guilt is eating me alive.