~ Chapter Seven ~

Chapter Seven ~ Emails And Friends

I woke tired as always. My eyes slowly opening and the dim sunlight reached my sight. Slowly sitting up I don't see Asher or any sign he was in here. I don't make a fuss and check my phone. 6am it reads and a tired sigh leaves my lips.

My legs touching the cold wooden floor and small goosebumps rises up my body. Walking out and downstairs to the kitchen not seeing Asher in the place. Where has he got to? Work probably my mind tells me. Finding some bread, putting it in the toaster and begin to get it ready. While that's going I make my way round the apartment opening any curtains which are shut however my mind is somewhere else. Thinking about what's happened.

Ding! The toaster bell run into my ears and I sprint towards it, needing my food, I love food! Placing my toast on a plate and spreading it with butter I take myself to the table and sitting. The dead silence, as quiet as space, making me sit their slightly uncomfortable. I'm use to being alone but being in a new place it feels odd and different.

Finishing my toast I head back upstairs and walk into the ensuite in the bedroom. Having a warm relaxing shower, my scent now a smell of vanilla. Pulling myself out I wrap a white tower round my small body and another round my wet hair. Next I go to the bathroom counter and spray deodorant and brush my teeth before walking out to the closet.

Receiving a white closet pencil dress I gently place it on and place my feet in some black heels. Walking back out I look in the mirror, seeing my figure and I'm happy how I look. I don't think I'm beautiful but I know I'm ok, well that's what I tell myself. Braiding my hair in plait which rests on my right shoulder; not wanting any makeup I don't bother as I think I look fine.  I grab my bag, getting my phone of charge and putting it inside the handbag.

As I walk to the door to the apartment I realise I don't have a key. Moving my head side to side I walk to his office and give the door a knock. Hearing only silence I slowly push it open and see the desk empty but I spot a luminous yellow post it note; 'Your Key' it reads and I can physically hear his emotionless voice. Instantly grabbing the apartment key I make my way back over to the door, striding out making sure to lock it behind me.

In the elevator I stand patiently waiting to reach the basement garage where my car is being held. My poor T.

Ding!

The elevator door speaks to me, opening its mouth to show many expensive cars. What can I say, it's a hotel for the rich. It's weird that it's an hotel, living here where the rich stay and I sigh; I don't want to live here forever.

Moving my legs forward to reach my car, unlocking it I sit in the drivers seat. Sitting there for a minute my mind is lost in thoughts but I shake them out. Starting the engine, hearing it roar like a lion, I drive out the hotel garage; out of the private parking. Entering the busy roads of the kingdom of the city I make my way to Pierce & Co.

~~~

Pacing myself steadily through the doors to the company; Pierce & Co. Ready for today. I send a friendly smile to the receptionist which she returns with a friendly smile. As I go into the elevator making sure to press my floor. Luckily not many people are in the elevator making it less cramp.

Everyone leaving the elevator, arriving at their destinations, it leaves me left in the elevator. A soft sigh is let out; thank god no one knows about Asher and I. Exiting the elevator I head straight to my office and slam the door behind me. Taking a seat on the leather white chair, spinning desperately to see the sight of the city. I mentally scream in my head with mixed emotions.