~ Chapter Nine ~

Chapter Nine ~ An Outbreak

Dressed in my pyjama shorts and white loose top I wait. I wait sitting on one of the couches in the lounge. Waiting for Asher's arrival, waiting for him to shout and have a rant about today. My eyes wander to the clock seeing it's now nearly eight.

My ears prick, my skin is suddenly turned into goosebumps and my eyes widen hearing the sound of the lock. He's here. I sit patiently waiting and snap my head when the door opens. Asher's eyes are dark and snap straight to me like I'm his prey. Slamming the door behind him, he stomps in and puts his bag near the door, but walks into the kitchen. I watch him confused but I see him grab a beer from the fridge. A small gulp goes down my now dry throat as he strides over to the lounge.

I watch him take a seat on one of the other sofas. His eyes are dead on me making me cower by the intense stare. My heart beating at a million beats per second. Slowly removing my eyes to the floor we sit in silence. My body feeling those once brown eyes now a black anger colour.

"Did you enjoy that stunt you pulled?" I hear him say annoyed, he wants to shout but he doesn't. I slowly look at him and see him still looking at me, his drink in his hands.

I sit in silence and he laughs. A laugh which made me feel a chill. The laugh filled with annoyance, anger and hate. The worst possible emotions put towards me.

"Out of the billions of people in this world I'm put with the most pathetic woman" he says looking deadly at me. My eyes stay strong fighting back the tears of his words.

"Asher" I whisper, "I'm sorry but I was just sticking up for myself" I mumble and he stands up like he's on fire and sits directly next to me. His eyes staring into my soul, his close body proximity making me want to curl up. The brown hair messed up by anger.

"How dare you say sorry! That stunt you pulled caused my entire company to know, everyone was talking about it! Next it will be on the bloody news!" He snaps, spitting in my face full of rage. I was expecting this but not this bad. This isn't Asher, this guy is like a demon that's been hidden.

"Asher I'm sorry ok. You were standing there all cocky and calling me slutty, of course I was going to stand up for myself! You may think I'm a pathetic girl well guess what I'm not!" I snap back harder, standing up I walk to the stairs, I turn back towards him. "I'm sleeping in another room!" I state and walk up the stairs.

"Your playing with fire woman" I hear him say, my heart still beating. His voice all sharp. "Your starting a war" he shouts.

"It's already started!" I shout back and then it's silent.

Rushing into a spare room, I shut the door immediately and sit with my back against it. Breathing all ragged I sit on the cold floor of the spare room. The war has started and he knows it. He has loads more money which means he can do a lot more. It's only be a few days and we are like this. The life I'm getting in this world.

Well I have one thing to say. Game on Asher Montgomery. Game on.

~~~

Another day at Montgomerys company, the most overpowering business, the business owned by the person who people envy and love, Mr Asher Montgomery.

Dressed in my black pencil dress with matching heels, a white blazer which ends at the bottom of my ribs and a white bag. My brown chocolate hair placed in a clean ponytail and usual makeup amount; hardly anything. Tonight is the night where Jess and Jen are meeting; yes!

My eyes taking In the large building in front of me and I walk through the doors. Another day of notes making, another day of being here. I actually enjoyed yesterday as I met loads of nice people. People's eyes scan me and I see small smiles placed on their faces, some people are looking at me with a smirk; probably hoping for the same thing yesterday. I'm definitely not doing that again.