~ Chapter Eighteen ~

Chapter Eighteen ~ Building Up To Lights, Camera, Action!

It's two days before Friday. Two days before the TV interview with Harley Jewel on the Harley Show. My nerves are slowly rising each second, each minute, each hour of everyday. Asher has assured me I'm going to be fine but my nerves are still there.

Speaking of Asher I don't really know what we are. Yes engaged- fake engaged, but from the kiss and the two of us hugging I don't know what we are. Asher said it shouldn't have happened but I don't know what to believe. We are both changing, I think I'm changing him as well as he's changing me. I don't know how but I can feel something. Something I can't describe.

I have been working normally, getting down with the hard contracts and the heavy spreadsheets, all done and completed. Been texting Jess and Ben, he hasn't popped the question yet but it's soon. I've also met up with Jen after work sometimes; even Asher and Thomas joined which was an experience to say the least.

"Jen!" I shout calling my best friend who's sitting by a table in the back of the private restaurant, Asher trailing behind me.

"Tate!" She says, standing she walks over to me, giving me a hug. She says her hello to Asher while I make my way over to the table to find someone.

"Look who's finally arrived, were you having fun with my best friend" Thomas smirks at me, I take a seat next to him and give him a friendly punch.

"Thomas so pleasant I see" I say sarcastically, he looks at me with a smirk.

"But your sitting next to me" he leans forward, his light brown, nearly dirty blonde hair fall in front of his eyes which are full of fun. He's something else to Asher, less serious and well... more fun.

"Hey Thom leave her alone" I hear Asher say in a positive tone, Thomas turns his head and gives his best friend a man hug.

"I was only having fun" he tells his friend while Asher smirks at me.

I look away and see Jen sitting opposite to where Thomas was sitting. Once the men finish Thomas returns next to me while Asher goes opposite, next to Jen.

"So you nervous for Friday?" Jen asks me worriedly, knowing I've been more nervous then usual.

"A bit but I will try and remain calm and keep a smile on" I assure her, Thomas then pulls a smirk.

"Yeah Tate, you don't have to worry because myself and Jen will be watching along with the rest of the world. Oh don't forget Jess and Ben" Thomas smirks at me. I send him a glare and smack him on the arm, he lets loose a small ow and I smile.

"How are you best fiends with him?" I ask Asher looking probably lost but with humour. "The two of you are like opposites" I state and Jen laughs, "what?"

"Well you should see this guy sometimes" she does a small laugh looking at Asher. Turning his head he looks at her with a confused look.

"Why do you say that?" I ask and hear Thomas start laughing but covers it up with a coughing fit. Some people look at us weirdly but soon forget about us.

"Oh Jen is so right" he laughs, "tell her" Thomas says to Jen even though he's looking at me but also Asher with a smirk.

"Well Asher here can be worse then Thom over here" she starts and I listen intriguingly. "Once we were at this party and Asher had way to much to drink causing him to-" before she could finish Asher interrupted her.

"Yeah we don't need to go there" he coughs awkwardly and I pout with a small smile.

"Oh come on now, I need to know now as Jen has started it" I state folding my arms and leaning back in my chair.