~ Chapter Thirty-Three ~

Chapter Thirty-Three ~ His Feelings But Where His Heart Is

~ Asher's POV ~

Walking into my parents house with my two friends in front and my arm round Josie, a smile from what we did. Normally I wouldn't be so comfortable round Josie again but she bought a smile on my face. Just when I was leaving the three decided to go and have some fun at a close bar and it was, non of us got drunk but it was fun by laughing.

Even though my heart is dark from sadness and my head hurts from the constant pain between Tate and I. Hopefully Tate and I will talk soon, even if I don't know who I want to start that conversation.

Closing the door behind me I hear what sounds like a cry. I think the others notice too as they all turn to look at me. Taking lead I walk into the lounge to see my mother crying on the sofa with my dad in front of her trying to make her relax. My father notices our presence straight away.

"Mom what's wrong?" I ask taking a step closer which causes her to show her face, stained red from tears.

"What's wrong? What's wrong is that my boy looks completely fine while that poor girl is suffering!" She snaps at me from out of nowhere. Standing up and placing her hands on her hips.

"Honey this isn't the time, he's hurt too" my dad tries to say while I stand frozen thinking.

"You saw her face and heard her voice. I need to sit down" my mom cries out again and I come closer, crouching down to her level.

"Tate?" I ask curiously and my heart suddenly picks up at the thought of her. Mom looks at me with a sad look and my mind starts ticking.

"She was here?" I ask straight away, more asking my dad now as I didn't want to bother my mom. The others took a seat on the remaining seats.

"Yeah she just left-" he started until the sound of a car roaring down the driveway caught my attention. Staring out the window in confusion. Tate?

What is this girl doing? First she lied to me about her ex abusive! Secondly she breaks us and finally she's taking to my parents! I think the first person she should of seen is me so we could bloody talk! Dam this girl and my feelings for her. I fell for her and want to be with her but can it be the same. Ever again. I sigh in frustration when my dad leads my mother upstairs to calm down. Walking into the kitchen and grabbing four small glasses along with a bottle of vodka and taking them outside in the sun.

"Want some?" I offer my friends and take a seat, Thomas would like a glass and the girls refuse. Their bad. Gulping the first glass down straight away I pour a second glass and pace myself. Thank god for my high tolerance.

But not to soon my parents join us, taking a seat next to each other and facing me. My mothers eyes rimmed with redness as my father looks tired and wanting to be there for mother forever. Just like I wanted to do when I was with Tate- ok enough about that!

"How did she look?" Jen blurred out with sympathy laced in her voice. We all turn to look at her and her eyes widen with her words. "I'm sorry, Thomas I want to know, she's my friend still" Jen speaks to Thomas, Thomas including my father both turn to me. Even Josie turns to me with some unbothered look, what's up with her?

"Go on, just say it" I spit emotionless to my father, not wanting to have this conversation yet wanting to her about the women I love.

"She looked terrible, she talked to her parents, Jess and Ben. She was hoping to speak to you guys" my father says in a serious tone as my mother looks down with worry.

"How terrible did she look, guilty?" I mock, not wanting to hear anymore. My fathers head snaps to me in an angry expression.

"Yes Asher she did, she looked guilty and as soon we opened the door she bursts out crying and saying how the guilt was eating her! So leave the poor girl alone and bloody speak to one another! You have both done things you regret so make up for that!" My father stands up in outrage and shouts at me like he's more upset then he shows.