~ Chapter Eight ~

Chapter Eight ~ A Day At Montgomery

Buzz. Buzz. My pathetic alarm clock rings which I'm starting to hate. Another work day, full of the many joys of work! Note the sarcasm.

Guiding myself to the bathroom I take a fresh shower and brush my teeth, I'm not hungry his morning, I'll get lunch later. Walking back into the room and to the closet I pull out a black pencil skirt, a white blouse which goes up to my elbows and some cream coloured heels. Placing them on my body I walk to the mirror and brush my hair straight, getting rid of any bed hair. Finishing by applying a little lipstick and mascara. I don't wear a lot of makeup.

Going downstairs I don't see or hear Asher. A confused look goes on my face and I check my phone which I dig through my bag. 8am it tells me. My eyes widen in horror, oh god! I'm late! Literally running in the elevator and then to my car I speed off to work. God please save my soul! I keep begging in my head.

~~~

Speed walking through the building and catching the next elevator. When the doors open I see my father, looking at me with a small smirk yet his eyes tell he's annoyed. Slowly walking to him, slightly walking down.

"Sorry" I mumble to him and a small laugh comes out of his throat.

"It's ok" I hear him say and I look at him with a small smile.

His arms wrap round me in a father and daughter hug. My eyes close with a small peaceful sigh escaping my mouth. We pull away and leads me to his office. I'm slightly confused why but it means two things, 1 it's good news or 2 it's bad news.

I take a seat in front of his desk as he takes a seat opposite me. His face full of seriousness which makes me question. I look at him with confusion as I wait for his saying.

"What's wrong daddy?" I ask him, sitting back in the chair, trying to work him out. A small sigh escapes his lips and he looks down rubbing his eyes with stress which makes me come closer. "Daddy?" I say, confusion lacing my throat.

"Tate today you are heading to the Montgomery building" he states and my mouth gaps. "You don't want to catch a fly now" he laughs and I quickly close my mouth.

"But why?" I blurt out and begin to feel a bit restless.

"Well Mr Montgomery and I" he begins but I cut him off.

"Do you mean Asher?" I ask him, my eyes narrowing and he nods.

"Asher and I have agreed for today that you will be making notes on how people work there" my father before me tells me.

"What why?!" I say astonished of what I'm hearing. "When do I have to make notes?!" I say, anger filling me.

"Tate it's only for today and besides your basically making notes to improve our business. Asher has agreed saying it's a good idea and for you to get to know his company" my dad informs me.

"I don't need to get to know his company" I mutter to myself, however my fathers excellent hearing hears it.

"Tate you will need to if your marrying the guy" my dads says, I look at him.

"Don't pull that" I stand up and I look at his desperate face. "Fine" I sigh, "but only for you" I point at my father and begin to walk out the buildings towards my car.