~ Chapter Seventeen ~

Chapter Seventeen ~ Lunch With The Man I Kissed & Going Emotional

I walk back to the house fairly quickly. My head rushing with thoughts, why does Asher regret it? I have all these doubts, I'm an idiot I replay in my head. But I enjoyed it, I enjoyed his kiss. Every second of it. Did he not enjoy it? A small frown appears on my face and my heart fills with sadness.

"There you are sweetie, lunch is ready" I hear my dad come towards me but I keep my head down. "Honey what's wrong?" He asks me worriedly and picks my chin up gently.

"Nothing, don't worry dad" I give him a fake reassuring smile. "Let's go and have lunch" I say and he nods but his eyes tell me he's thinking but ignores it.

"I think we are having a nice roast" he says and we walk with our arms linked inside to the a dinning room.

The room walls are a comfortable cream with a wooden panel going landscape round it. The dark glazed wooden table with white place matts and near cutlery in place. I see everyone else has taken a spot. Luckily I'm not sitting next to Asher, instead I'm opposite him. One side are the three males, John, Asher, then my father. The other side are the females, Harper, then me and finally Sarah.

I sat down and noticed Asher ignoring me, looking at my mother, lost in a conversation with her. I look down and fiddle with my fingers while we wait for our plates to be place.

"Thank you" I say to a lady who placed my plate of food in front of me. I notice Asher looking at me but I ignore it.

I stare at my plate as my tummy rumbles. Some roast potatoes, cooked beef with vegetables on the side. A glass of water in front of me which I offered to have while everyone else had a glass of wine. Luckily my parents have a driver taking them home and I told Asher I'll drive back which he didn't decline.

"So how was you time looking round the garden?" I hear John ask and I choke on my water, looking up at him I see the confusion of everyone else apart from Asher, having a bite of his food. "Beautiful isn't it?" He asks and I nod my head.

"It is. I hope one day I can have a garden just like it" I give him a warm smile and see in the corner of my eyes Asher looking at me.

"That would be great" Harper says with a large grin, turning to her son she says, "would finally get you out of that hotel your living in."

"Yeah" Asher mumbles before looking at me while I divert my gaze to Harper on my side.

"That would be great wouldn't it" I smirk at her and she nods and then looks at John.

"Do you remember building that swing for Asher honey?" Harper asks John, John nodding his head in return. "You should have one of them for when you have little ones" she smiles and I freeze. I think Asher also.

"Mom" Asher tells her in a stern voice, she looks at her son with a smile. "Not yet" he tells her but she shhh's him.

"Of course not yet because the wedding first" Harper says.

"Agreed" I hear Sarah pipe up and I mentally groan at the conversation.

"First the wedding" I mumble and saw Asher heard me.

"Anyway Hugh and John how's the two businesses doing?" She asks, "Asher you could also put input in as you've heard" she says.

"Heard what?" I ask with Sarah also curious, looking at the three grown men in front of me I narrow my eyes.

"Well" my dad breathes out, stuttering in his voice. What are they hiding? "Tate don't get upset" my dad says, his eyes filled with regret.

"Upset over what?" I ask intensely.