Imagine 23

"Hey, c/n" you greet him as you approach him at his locker, which his head is leaned against. 

"Hey, y/n" he mutters.

"Are you okay?" you ask. 

"Yeah" he faces you and conjures up a fake smile. 

"No you're not," you respond. He doesn't say anything. "Wanna talk about it?"

He shrugs and you grab his arm and drag him outside. The bleachers? The bleachers. You sit down with him and he doesn't make eye contact with you.

"C/n..." you prod him. "What's up?"

"I dunno... just been having some bad days that's all" he says.

"Anything in specific?" you ask.

"Well, my- my mom-" his voice starts to break and your heart hurts for him. 

"It's okay, you can tell me" you say.

"My mom was in a car accident," his voice shakes as he speaks and his eyes well up with tears. "And she's been in a coma for three days now and-". He starts to cry and you grab his hands in yours and look at him. 

"Hey, hey, c/n... sh..." you say. "It's gonna be okay. Everything will only get better from here"

"What if she dies?" c/n asks.

"She won't die. I know it," you say. "Everything will turn out the way you want it to and your mom will be okay,". He leans in and wraps his arm around you and cries a little bit into your shoulder. After a few minutes, he sits back up.

"Oh my god, this is so embarrassing" he says.

"Why? I think it's amazing when guys actually show emotion" you smile. He smiles at you, still holding your hands in his.

*****

Later that day, you get a ring on your doorbell. You come downstairs and to your surprise, c/n is at the door. He smiles at you and immediately embraces you in a hug.

"Whoa, hey" you laugh.

"Y/n, my mom is okay" he exclaims. "She just got out of her coma as soon as I got home. Thank you. Thank you so much" 

"It's not-"

"You're a miracle sent from heaven," he laughs, but you just stare at him and he grows serious again.

"Y/n... remember how earlier today, you said everything will turn out the way I want?" he asks. You nod, recalling those words.

"What if I wanted to have you as my girlfriend?" he says. You smile at your feet.

"Then I'd probably be happy to be yours," you respond. And he grabs your hands and kisses you and looks at you with his adorable smile. And you're both happy.