Imagine 26 (New Years)

2 more minutes! Two more minutes until 2017 will be over. You're excited. 2017 was NOT your favorite year, even though you had a real glow up by the end of the year. You're standing by your friends as the clock ticks down. You are at your best friend's lake house for her new year's party. You caught glimpses of c/n but you have no idea where he was at now. Well, until he taps your shoulder and you spin around, spilling your kids champagne on him.

"Oh god, c/n" you breathe. "You scared me so bad"

"I got that," he laughs. "Sorry bout that"

"Wait, I'll go get a napkin or something" you say, starting to rush off but he grabs your arm and pulls you back.

"No, I got it, don't worry," he says softly, brushing your hair with his fingers. You just look at him.

"So... I was looking for you," he says slowly, as if trying to make sure he doesn't accidentally blurt something out.

"I- I was looking for you too" you mumble, a sudden wave of nervous energy emerges. 

"We haven't talked in a while. How are you?" he asks.

"I'm okay, not feeling very cute today" you laugh, looking down but he guides your chin back up so you're looking at him.

"Oh stop, you're always cute" he smirks.

"Ha. You're funny, c/n" you roll your eyes at him, playfully. His eyes widen.

"I'm not playing y/n, I was serious" he smiles softly, and then laughs. "You're so cute"

"Aw, thanks sweets" you say, shyly. His hand is holding the back of your neck now and his eyes keep diverting from your eyes to your lips and back. Your heart starts to race. Everyone's turning around, trying to sneak glances at the boy and the girl who are caught in an exciting embrace.

"10, 9, 8..."

your heart beats fast in your chest.

"7, 6, 5..."

don't puke, y/n, don't puke. 

"4, 3..."

His other hand brushes hair out of your face and then firmly but gently wraps around your waist. You watch as he softly bites his perfect lips and then releases an exhale. 

"2"

he leans in. You can't think. Your breath hitches in your throat and you close your eyes on instinct.

"1"

You feel it. You feel his soft lips on yours as he first grazes your lips shyly, as his he was afraid to break you while kissing. He starts to kiss you. He turns his head to the right and he grabs your lower lip in his while you kiss back, sucking slightly on his upper lip. Fireworks are going off, literally. You can taste the (kids) champagne on his mouth, causing you to smile and laugh a little. He pulls back, resting his forehead on yours.

"What's funny?" he half-laughs, half pants. 

"Nothing... nothing's funny. That was just so perfect" you say in shock. He doesn't smile, but he kisses you again once.

"I don't even know where that came from, but you just... you just looked amazing and you're so cute and I couldn't help it" he rambles. You wrap your arm around his waist and he does the same to you as you turn to look under the fireworks.