Ch. 1- Everything Has Changed

"It's not always the fear of losing them that scares us, it's that we have given them so many of our pieces that we fear losing parts of us when they are gone." - atticus

**

Four months later...

We are the survivors of what Agnes has done and yet it doesn't feel like we are. Not once have I thought about her since she died since I have had other things on my mind. I helped with Sebastian's coronation, which lasted a month by the way. I couldn't count how many times I had to change into another dress for the occasion.

The first week was the parade for the fallen soldiers that didn't make it and I can honestly say that it was the hardest thing I'll ever have to do. Each of us had to do a speech in front of the whole city of Ambrosia, and I couldn't count how many times I stuttered. I guess the anxiety of talking in front of a crowd hasn't changed.

The second and third week was the craziest because it was when we could do whatever we wanted before Sebastian becomes King. And I mean anything. All I remember from those two weeks were the parties that we went to every day and then waking up doing the exact same thing. It was the best that I ever had because there were no troubles, no drama, nothing. It was just me and him on the dance floor and being completely in love that it made everyone around us sick to their stomachs.

I still don't know who makes the rules for the month-long coronation, but I should find out. The fourth and final week was when Sebastian was to finally become King. To this day, I worry that it will change our relationship for the worse. We've been through a lot together and I don't want him becoming the leader of the vampires to destroy us. Of course, I don't tell him what I feel because he would just tell me that I shouldn't be worried about it, but I am.

I rolled down the tinted window of the limo and I glanced at all the different styled buildings of New Orleans. Ancient but beautiful, my two favorite things in the world. The breeze was hot against my skin as I waved my hand outside the window. That's what I like about this city. It's summer all the time here which I missed when I was in Romania.

Ever since I collapsed that night, Sebastian has been worried about me going out on my own. Especially to a whole different country. But what I had yet to tell him is that when I was unconscious, I saw a vision. Of a dark shadow sticking a syringe in my neck with all the force that they had and I still could feel the pain in my neck. I wanted to tell him so he could help me find out what it was about, but I just couldn't. He had more important issues than my nightmares.

"Were here." said the driver in the front seat. I look beside me as the car was parked in the street of my aunt's house. Still the same as the last time. I turn to look beside me where my brother was seated and I turn my lips into a smile. He didn't get the chance to meet one of the last of our family before, but now is the time. Finally.

Jasper had a worried expression on his face as he stared at the house in front of us. "Don't worry, she's going to love you." I assured him. I noticed that he was wearing dark jeans that were ripped at the knees and a maroon shirt which surprised me because I always saw him wearing suits. But I figured it was because we were in Ambrosia and we have to dress formally.

He darted his eyes at me and gave me an uneasy smile. "Are you sure?" he asked while he ran his hands through his hair the same color of mine. I could tell that this was big for him, meeting our aunt. I'm doing everything I can to be the big sister because I never got to be all my life.

"Of course," I say. "She has been wanting to meet you for a long time now." He was quiet for a moment but I can hear his heart beating rapidly inside of his chest, one thing that I have yet to get used to. I let out a breath as I couldn't wait any longer to see her. I opened the door of the limo and got out of it as quickly as I could because it may have a spacious car but it still made me claustrophobic. The air was as warm as the last time I was here which made me form a smile on my face as I realized that I missed the heat.