Ch. 21- It's Called Murder Baby

"Hell is empty and all the devils are here." - Shakespeare

***

It took about two days to get to New York. Two days of unrelenting torture of sitting in the car bored out of my mind. The only time that I wasn't bored was when I was feeding on someone. No, it was more fun than looking out of the window.

"When we get there, you are going to show me how fun New York is to make up for this long car ride," I demanded.

Ellie's violet eyes peered over to me. "And Sebastian says that we are dangerous together," she said.

"Oh, we are," I smiled. "But I'd rather hang out with you than him,"

She chucked. "If we had any feelings, I would hug you right now," she admitted.

I nodded my head and looked out of the window again. I could almost see the chaos that I would inflict in my mind. The screams and blood was my only thought.

Minutes later, Ellie parked the car. We stepped out of the car and I realized that we were at a boutique. I glanced at my friend. "What are we doing here?" I asked.

"My rule is that we have to dress accordingly in order to have my kind of fun," she said.

"And how do you know this place if you weren't allowed out of Ambrosia?" I raised an eyebrow.

She snorted. "Elora, I'm shocked that you don't know what I'm capable of." her arm touched her chest like what I said hurt her.

Ellie and I walked into the shop together, where someone ran to us. A woman with black-framed glasses and a pencil skirt the same color. Her reddish-brown locks held tightly in an updo which made her look professional.

The woman hugged Ellie tightly, too excited to see her. Ellie did not hug her back. "I can't believe you're here!" she beamed. She let go of Ellie and smiled at her.

"It's been too long," Ellie said casually. "It's nice to see you again, May,"

"Well, what can I help you with?" she asked.

I looked around at all the beautiful clothes around me. From dresses and tops to flowy skirts and shoes neatly placed on racks and shelves.

"We would like new clothes for our extravagant adventure in the Great Apple," Ellie admitted.

And it was then that May turned to me, her eyes widening. So she knew who I was, I guessed. The monster with two sides.

"Anything is good for me," I told her, but she stayed quiet.

"Elora, yes?" she questioned, her glasses falling slightly.

I nodded.

"You know you and Ellie have a price on your head," she explained. "The King issued it as soon as you left,"

"And are you going to tell Sebastian we are here?" Ellie questioned, her voice a bit threatening.

May turned to her friend. "Of course not, but I wanted you two to watch your backs,"

"Good choice," I said.

She walked to the racks of clothing and we followed, ending our discussion on our predicament. I debated whether I should trust her or not. If she was a close friend to the family, then she could sell us out to Sebastian. And I wasn't about to face him right now. Not when he is angrily looking for me after I snapped his neck.

May went through the racks, picking up different kinds of clothes for us. Like she knew our style. She handed me and Ellie an outfit to wear. "Here, put these on," she said.

Without question, we went into the changing rooms and closed the door behind us. But there was something about that girl that told me she was lying. Maybe it was my paranoia, but I did not trust her one bit.

As I changed, I heard her talking on the phone. And I'm the other line, I heard his voice. But I had no idea if Ellie could hear it also, if she was too focused on the clothes then her friend.

"Yes, they're here." May explained. "I sent them into the changing rooms so I could call you,"

I opened the door with my undergarments still on, and I sped toward her. Now I was angry. Not because she lied to me, to Ellie, but she sold us out. And I knew she was going to do it.

I grabbed her wrist that held her phone toward her ear, and I snapped it in half. She screamed in agony as she let go of the cell phone.

I slowly picked up the mobile that lay on the floor now, and I put it to my own ear. I held onto May with my hand on her neck so she wouldn't rub.

"Well, hello Sebastian," I purred. "Its nice hearing your voice again,"

"Please don't hurt her, Elora. I will do anything if you just let her go." he begged on the other line.

I tightened my grip on her and she started choking a bit more. "Now tell me, did you have sex with this girl also?" I asked, playing my game.

"This is not the time for that, darling. You need to come home, I have a cure for you." he admitted.

I laughed. "Oh wow, you will do anything to have the innocent girl you met back, don't you? I seethed. "Guess what? You lost that girl the moment you decided to turn me into a monster. I was perfectly happy not knowing your world or you for that matter."

"Don't say that, you know it's not true," he said.

"Maybe it's not. But what I know is this. That your sister and I have a price on our heads because of you," I told him. "And consider this my retaliation."

I let go of May by the neck and ran my hand straight into her chest, where her heart is. I moved the phone closer to her so Sebastian could hear it.

May dropped to the floor as I held her heart in my hands. I couldn't help but smile a little.

"Drop the witch hunt, and I will stop killing your friends." I threatened. "And we both know you don't have that many."

"I will do no such thing!" Sebastian growled. "You can threaten me all you want, Elora, but at the end of the day I will not give up on you. Never."

I ignored his comment and tilted my head, gazing at my bloody hand. "Maybe I'll go to Ambrosia myself and see what you'll do when I cut off their heads. Maybe I'll pay a visit to your friend who is in charge of your Kingdom while you're frantically searching for me. Tell me, what will your people do when they realize their King doesn't care about them?" I sneered.

He was silent for a moment. But I heard Ellie open the door to her changing room. She looked at the corpse of her friend on the floor beside me. "You can give the cure to your sister, my game is only starting," I said before crushing the phone in half and throwing it on the floor next to May.

"What have you done? Ellie asked.

"I did what had to be done. She sold us out to Sebastian," I said dryly.

There was nothing else she could say. Not when I could save myself the trouble and kill her myself.

"I'm going to change now," I said finally.

And then I went back into the room, putting on the clothes that May picked out for me. Dark jeans that matched the short top and high heeled boots that stopped at my ankle.

Once I was done, I opened the door to see Ellie standing over May's body, a vacant stare on her face.

"She got what was coming to her," I said walking pass her and the body. "If you're done sulking, we need to get out of here before anyone else finds that we're here,"

She snapped out of her trance and followed me to the door. But stayed silent.

And then we got back into the car.

****