Ch. 24- Temptations

"It felt like heaven. To flirt with hell."

***

I knew exactly where she was. And where she was going. I had everyone I know track her down without her knowing. Without any of them knowing. We were one step closer to getting the two of them back, I could feel it. 

I sat in the black SUV and thought about what Elora said to me. How everything that has happened was mine to blame. That I destroyed her life the moment I decided to turn her into a vampire. My actions that night will be the greatest mistake in my entire life. 

Grace was in the front seat, while Oliver and I, sat in the back, not saying a word to each other. I realized the second we left that I should not have snapped at him. He did help me with getting their memories back, after all. I wasn't going to admit it, though. My pride always got in the way of apologies. 

I had not known who was driving us. Grace must have used her mind control to have him drive us wherever Elora and Ellie was. It was an effort not to let myself think that they will not be the same person as the last time I saw them. No, they will be far more deadly. 

The SUV parked and I realized that we were here. At a bar, of all places. I should have known that's where they like to pick their meals. 

I turned toward my friends. "I'll go in first," I explained. "If I don't come out in twenty minutes, you come in and use all your power to stop them," Both of them acknowledged my demands by nodding their heads. 

I was about to open the door when Grace stopped me. "Sebastian," she said in a calm voice. 

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"Whatever you do, don't think they are the same person you think you know. They aren't." She trailed off as she looked out of the window. "You have survived two hundred years of war, you can survive this,"

I tilted my head and grinned. "Let's see if I can between two equally dangerous women," I said. 

Oliver patted my shoulder. "Don't let them rip your balls off," was all he said. I snarled before finally getting out of the car and into the bar. 

I could hear their voices as soon as I walked up to the doors. Her sweet voice. I can't get distracted by her. No, I had to cure them. 

The vile of liquid was in my pocket, safely hidden from sight. At least, from them anyway. I tried to be as quiet as possible so they wouldn't hear me. Or my rapid breathing. 

I gently opened the door and walked in. I expected it to be a lot of people here, it's a bar after all. But I was wrong. There was no one but lifeless corpses on the floor. Blood stained the ground and heads were not on the bodies. They were ripped off like what a savage animal would do. 

I had never seen anything like it. Not in my five hundred years on this planet have I seen a vampire rip off the heads of another vampire. I fought the urge to vomit at the sight. 

"Look who joins the party!" a cheery voice yelled out. I knew that voice. I heard that voice in my sleep every night. That tone that could make me want to risk anything and everything for. 

I looked up from the ground to see her. Scarlet hair and eyes the color of honey. Elora.

My eyes widened at the sight of her. Her lips were stained with blood, along with her clothes. But she seemed to not have a care in the world. And she was smirking at me. That same expression would have made me leap on her to touch every inch of her skin, but now all I want is to figure out what she is up to. What kind of game she is playing with me.