Ch. 37- The Art of Dying

"You don't know how beautiful the darkness is." 

***

Blood rushed from her shirt as the wooden stake landed in her heart. I ran to her immediately as she fell to the ground. I didn't care who was around me, I had to hold her. I had to save her. Even if I died by her side, I will. She is the best person that I met and I will do everything to make sure that she lives. Her story isn't over yet.

I pulled her up to me and I lifted my head to Jasper and Ellie. "Kill them all." I said before turning back to Elora once more.

They did as they were told and I heard Ellie run toward Kiel. Of course, he wasn't fast enough for her because she ripped out his heart with her bare hand, Kiel letting out a painful groan before dropping to the ground on the other side of the room.

Elora was drifting in and out of consciousness as the stab wound was slowly killing her. "Darling, stay awake," I said. "You need to keep your eyes open."

Blood spilled out of her mouth as she managed to smile. "Tell me something good." her voice cracked that it was difficult for her to talk. Tears rushed down my cheeks as I held her tighter.

I knew there was no way of saving her this time. She was leaving me for good this time. So, I obeyed and started talking. "You know how much I love you," I said. "So much in fact that I wish to god that I could have you as my wife. As my Queen. You brought me back from life and I will forever be grateful for that. For you, Elora."

"I — would gladly accept." she whispered, her voice stuttering.

I bent and kissed her chapped lips one last time. "You have my heart for eternity, Elora Miller. I will make sure that I have yours no matter what it takes. I am going to marry you and have kids with you. I am going to have a life with you, and your death is not going to stop me. If I have to sell my soul to the Devil himself, I will."

"I see them, Sebastian," she said at once, her voice a low whisper. I narrowed my eyes at her. "I see Christian and my parents. I see my grandmother. I see your parents."

"You see what?"

"They say it's my time to go."

Panic rose as I watched her fight to stay alive, blood rushing everywhere. Then she stopped moving and I knew she was gone. The beautiful dress she wore for All Hallows Eve stuck to her, stained with crimson. I didn't want to think. She couldn't be dead.

Her eyes were still open, so drained of color it was hard to recognize what color it had been before. I yanked the stake out of her lifeless corpse and buried my head into her. I hugged her tightly and sobbed silently at the new reality that she was dead. I couldn't stop thinking — she is dead, she is dead, she is dead.

Elora Miller, the love of my life, my Queen, was no longer alive. I promised her that I would move on, to focus on my title, but, how can I? She was the best piece of me and if she was no longer here, I don't know who I am.

It felt like I was going to die inside.

Her heart stopped beating but that doesn't mean that I will not give up on her. I cannot, will not, ever stop finding a way to have her again. To have her in my arms. I'm not letting go of her again.

So, I promised her that I would do whatever it takes and closed her eyes.

***

A/N: Whoah, this story has now come to a close. I hope you like this shocker, I know I did, I cried a few times writing this. The third and final book will arrive shortly. Thank you to all who voted on this, I love you guys!♥

p.s. sorry it was so short!