Ch. 15- Let Me Help You

"Like an ocean, I cannot swim in my heart endures a melancholy of unsatisfying joy. It's as though my body is trapped still, but my mind is running in a moving world my feet can't keep up with."

**

"No," I said loudly. "I am not letting you do that for me," 

Sebastian lowered his head for a minute before finally looking into my eyes. I know all too well that what he offered wasn't what he wanted. How could he? I would be feeding on him. On his blood. 

"Elora, you know I would do anything for you," he said. "So let me do this. Let me help you for once," 

I was quiet because I understand why he was willing to do this. He loves me. But I wasn't sure whether I should let him. This was something that we couldn't turn back from. I knew it. 

"If I say yes, we have to keep it a secret," I admitted. "I don't want my family to worry about me more than they already do," 

Sebastian tilted his head to the side. "Darling, they need to know about the curse." he told me softly. "They'd want to know what you're going through,"

"That's a good enough reason to not tell them," I said. "All you guys do is worry about my safety,"

"Because all you do is get yourself in danger," he argued 

I rolled my eyes and fought the urge to smile, despite my hunger that was quickly growing in my stomach. 

"Whatever," I said, turning around again.

Both of us were silent for a long time until Sebastian spoke. His voice has and will always make anyone turn around. It's like he was made to be a King. 

"So will you let me help you?" he questioned. I watched as he tilted his head to the side as he waited for me to answer him. 

"Fine," I whispered finally. Despite my rational thinking, I agreed to his offer. And I know that it would end badly. For both of us. 

In a moment, I watched him walk toward him, making my eyes widen as to what he was going to do. I raised my head to look into his eyes as he was a foot away from me. 

Sebastian offered his wrist up to me. "Then here you go, it's all yours," he admitted. I could smell his blood in his veins strongly that it was all I could focus on. My stomach was getting hungrier by the minute. My eyes switched from Sebastian to his wrist. 

I could tell that he knew that I was hesitating so he moved his wrist closer to me. "Go on, have some of it," he urged. 

Once he said those words, I knew it was okay to drink his blood. I slowly grabbed his wrist with both of my hands and I moved it closer to my mouth. I sunk my sharp fangs into his vein and let his blood flow through my lips.

Sebastian's blood tasted like paradise. Everything seemed to disappear, all my problems and thoughts seemed to be lost as I drank from him. Every sip of the crimson liquid made everything better. 

I wanted more. I wanted more blood more than I have ever wanted anything in my life. I sank my teeth into his wrist even farther and I felt Sebastian wince a little bit. 

"Okay, that's enough," he stuttered. But I didn't move an inch. I had to have more to satisfy my hunger. He tried to move his hand but I held it tighter to keep him from letting go. 

But of course, he was stronger to me by everything that his wrist moved away from my lips. Blood trickled down my mouth but I wasn't worried about it. I was more focused on the person in front of me who I had just fed on. 

He was staring at me with his volcanic eyes. But it was nothing like how he looked at me before. It was like he was terrified of me, which he hasn't looked at me that way. 

His blood tasted good, didn't it?

No. Not right now.

Yes, right now Elora. Now, I can't believe he agreed to you feeding on him. He wouldn't let me do that when we were together.

Shut up, Segovia. Just stop talking to me. Better yet, how about you get out of my head. 

Can't do that sweetie pie. I have to have my vengeance. 

You can just kill me to have your vengeance.

And how am I supposed to do that? Make you go insane until eventually, you kill yourself?

Yes.

That actually sounds like a good plan. Thank you. 

Sebastian was staring off into space and his face was pale. Something that I have not seen since I met him. But now he looks like he is about to pass out right in front of me. 

I took a step toward him. 

"Are you okay?" I asked finally. He raised his hand to stop me from walking any further and I narrowed my eyes.

"Y-yeah, I think we need a better plan than you feeding on me," he confessed in a low voice. "This seems to not have worked out."

My head went down. "I'm sorry," I whispered. "I shouldn't have drunk so much,"

"It's okay, love," he said. "Don't worry, I have a better plan than this," 

I clenched my eyebrows together. This whole situation was a total fail because now Sebastian is weak from the blood loss. And I am still starving for more. 

"But first things first, I need to gain my energy back so if you don't mind I am going to go rest in your bed," he murmured. 

I only nodded my head. I didn't want to say anything because I was afraid I was going to say something that I regret. Something that would hurt him even more. 

Sebastian disappeared from sight leaving me in the room by myself. Leaving me my thoughts. 

I went down to sit on the floor, pulling my knees to my chest. I didn't feel a damn thing and I hated it. No tears came out because all I could feel is numbness. 

I have come to the conclusion that this curse will be the death of me and others around me. And I want it gone for good. 

***

A/N: sorry for the wait and short chapter. I have had writer's block AND school so I literally could not write this for a long time. anyway, once I figure out how this story is going to go, I will write more. have a good day:-)

love, 

chloe