Ch. 31- Thou Shall Not Kill

"I make dark things beautiful and beautiful things dark."

***

"When we get in there," he explained. "I want you to tell the Council everything." Sebastian and I stood outside the doorway, where the Council meets to discuss the kingdom of Ambrosia. I have never met them since apparently, they couldn't be bothered to meet the girl that saved them and helped win the war. At least not until I did something that brought their attention. He said that it was because each one of them – all eight – had been busy trying to fix things back together. Centuries worth of damage needs to be righted, he said yesterday when he visited me to tell me they wanted to have a meeting with me.

I smirked. "It's like you don't know me at all, Sebastian. Of course, I'm going to tell them the truth." My arms crossed over my chest.

He sighed and for a second, his eyes were – terrified. As if this was life and death. I couldn't understand what this meant to him, how important is it for him. He knew these people all his life, they were like his family in a way but Sebastian was worried about what they might do. Whether they would charge me with any crime for what I did under the influence of the cure, or if they granted me a pardon.

"It's not that, Elora." he whispered. He stared off in the hallway before us, gazing at nothing and everything at the same time.

I placed my hand in his and squeezed it gently. "What is it, then?"

His eyes, dark as coal, shot to mine. They were cold at first like I was his enemy, then they warmed as he squeezed back. I looked at him fully, like he was a statue made out of stone and all I could do was marveled at his beauty. "Sometimes I wish you and I were under better circumstances. Maybe then your fate wouldn't be determined by a group of old grumpy vampires that are much older than me."

I managed to smile. "You should have faith that I will be fine. After everything we've been through, I don't think fate is that cruel."

"I do." he blurted. "It never liked me."

I snorted, dropping his hand that once held mine. "Really? How do you know?"

"Well there's you, my love who somehow managed to look like – well you know," he said. "And then there's the whole idea that I don't deserve anything that was given to me. My crown, family and friends, you. It all seems that in an instant, fate is going to take back what I stole until I have nothing." His messy chocolate colored hair moved as he shook his head, dismissing his thoughts. "Until I'm all alone in this world."

"You listen to me, Sebastian," I said, my voice defiant and strong. "I will never leave you, nor will anyone else. I believe that fate brought us together for a reason, that no matter how long you lived and how short mine is, the universe listened. You came into my life as the person that changed me into something I couldn't possibly imagine." I paused, tearing welling up in my eyes. He only stared at me, knowing I wasn't done. But I wondered what he was going to do. "You changed me, Sebastian Breevort, from the inside and out. And you deserve everything that you want."

Both of us were silent as I waited for him to speak. To say something. It felt like a minute passed when he finally smiled. "When they grant you a pardon, I am so going to take you to my bed and never let you go."

"Does it mean that you forgive me?" I asked, raising an eyebrow, trying my hardest not to let him see the blush that was forming on my cheeks. I failed miserably.

"Elora, I have forgiven you the moment I left your room after you woke up." he laughed.

I smacked his arm. "You dick! I spent a week out of my mind because I thought you wouldn't!"