Ch. 14- What We Crave

"The blood on my teeth begins to taste like a poem, like religion, like the way you look at me."

**

I opened my eyes to the sight of blood everywhere. It was on the pillow that I laid on, the soft comforter on top of me and I could even feel it in the sheets. What did we do last night?

I couldn't figure out why, but I felt different. It wasn't about Sebastian, but what I was feeling inside. Like nothing else mattered to me anymore.

Now it's your turn to know what's it like to be me. He will not want anything to do with you at all.

I sat up from the bed in seconds and I placed both of my hands on face. Sweat trickled down slightly and I quickly wiped it with one of my hands.

Suddenly, I felt movement from the other side of me and I looked up to see Sebastian turning his body around to face me. Oh, no. He still had his eyes closed but he wrapped his arm around my legs that was covered with the blood-stained blanket.

"Everything okay?" he asked in his usual sexy sleepy voice that would usually make my hear beating fast.

No, everything is not okay.

"Yeah, I'm just going to take a shower," I said, getting out of the bed and walking to the bathroom that was located on the other side of the room. I closed the door behind me.

I let the shower run until it got hot, and I took off my clothes and stepped in. I let my hair get wet while I watched blood run down my skin to the floor.

I let out a deep breath. What is happening to me? Why can't I feel anything anymore?

Just when I thought I was alone, Sebastian stepped into the shower with nothing on. I turned around and had to stop for a moment to realize what I was seeing.

All he did was give me a devilish smirk. "You like what you see?" he questioned.

That smile of his would have made my insides turn to mush, but now I didn't feel nothing but annoyance that he wouldn't leave me alone. Especially when all I wanted was to be clean.

Sebastian moved closer to me and put his lips into mine. But I didn't kiss him back. A part of me didn't want to. And I listened to that part, despite everything.

His head moved back suddenly and he looked at me with a confused expression. "Is something wrong?" he asked with concern.

"No,"

Yes.

Water dripped down his skin with all the crimson that was on his body. His hair was damp, and it made it darker than usual.

Sebastian tilted his head. "Elora, I can tell when you're lying," he admitted. "Please tell me,"

I realized that I had to get out of here. I had to keep him from knowing what has changed within me. Once I fully cleaned myself off, I turned off the shower. He was still standing there, his naked body dripping with water.

I got out of the shower and covered myself with a towel. "Elora?" he asked from behind me. I didn't say anything.

I walked out of the bathroom and into my walk-in closet, Sebastian one step behind me. He turned me around so I was facing him. My eyes glared at him.

"I'll ask you again," he said in lower tone than usual. "What is wrong?"

I signed, letting my shoulders drop. How can I explain to the man that I love that I can't seem to feel anything? No emotions. Nothing.

I looked down at my feet. "Why do you love a ghost of a girl?" I whispered. "I'm nothing but a dead person that you once loved a long time ago,"

"Why would you say that?" he questioned, his voice raised. I noticed that Sebastian was wearing only a towel. Good.