Ch. 27- Trapped

"She stumbled. She fell. She rose. She dragged him down with bloodstained hands."  

***

"So what you mean to say is that you want me to come with you because you think Elora might be afraid of me?" Ben asked.

We stood in the place we agreed on and the from the looks of it, it didn't look safe. It was an empty warehouse in the outskirts of the city and rats ran through the corners of it. I'd rather be in the Agnes' cell because even that grimy building was cleaner than this one.

"Yes. Do you have a problem with that?" I questioned, my arms against my chest.

"I do. I only agreed to give you the cure. Not be in your little group." he said bitterly.

"Since when did I ask you to?"

"It's a no, Sebastian. Take the cure and leave." His dark brown hair was messily placed on top of his head and olive skin was pale. It made me wonder who, exactly, is his master.

I only looked at Jasper, nodding at him to do what he does best. Use his faerie magic. He only took a step toward us and rubbed two of his fingers together, colorful magic coming out of them.

And then Ben was on the ground, asleep. I kneeled beside him and rummaged through his pockets, looking for the cure. Eventually, I found it, gently placed in his hidden coat pocket.

I placed it on my own and walked away from him. Oliver and Jasper picked him up and dragged him into the car. I wanted to apologize for every one of my friends and family. They would do anything for me, even die for me, and I don't thank them enough. I didn't deserve this luxury. Not at all.

"What will he say when he wakes up?" asked Grace.

"That he will kill us all." I said.

"Oh, good." said my sister, who sat crossed-legged in the car again. "Another Fae wants to kill us, add that to the list."

I ignored her. "The plan is that we surprise her in her own home. We will be waiting when she opens the door and then all of you distract her while I jump from behind and shove the cure down her throat." I said.

"Violent, but a good plan." Jasper muttered. He and Oliver now placed Ben in the back of the car, where no one sat. They sat in their usual spots as they listened to what I was saying. "I'll use all my power to weaken her."

"And I will use my blades if she tries anything." Ellie said.

"No one hurts her." I spat.

"We're going to have to, Sebastian. She's not going down without a fight." Oliver explained.

I sighed, giving up. "If she tried anything, you do it." They all nodded their heads in agreement. "And if that doesn't work, Ben will come in."

Ellie raised an eyebrow. "On his own?"

"If I have to put a knife to his neck, I will. He's our bait, but let's keep that a secret."

"It's a plan, brother," said Ellie. "You better not mess it up."

I only smirked at her, then went silent as I waited to get to her old home. A long way, but not impossible. She surely had a lot happen when her parents died. Having to see that and then moving with her aunt, I understood that. I saw my own mother die, so I know why she did it.

There was a chance that this was going to go awry. She outsmarted us the first time, but I believed it was not going to happen again. This was her game, but I've known how to play before she even set foot on the board. Elora doesn't know what is in store for her.